UConn @ #12 UMass Lowell (3/6/20 @ 7:15p) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #12 UMass Lowell (3/6/20 @ 7:15p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What happened. Double minor and we score and don’t get another 2 mins??

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Empty net for UConn. 1:45 remaining. Make some magic boys.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Special teams. I love to say it, but hell, it was the difference. All year.

Cooper11

Cooper 11
Reaction Score
Trying not to be disappointed and frustrated as after the BC game I would have taken any playoff spot..but I am disappointed and frustrated

Reaction Score
The only team besides BC UConn does not want to see in the 1st round is UMass Lowell. Just no a good matchup.

Reaction Score
So it’s a road series vs Maine or Lowell? Not sure. Prefer Lowell so u can go but I think Maine is preferred for the matchup.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The only team besides BC UConn does not want to see in the 1st round is UMass Lowell. Just no a good matchup.
We don’t matchup well with Maine either. They play strong blue line D. Watch a video of the 1-0 OT loss.

Reaction Score
If we were just average on special teams we would be a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
Hard to give a $h!+ - we should be hosting. Coaches job is to get kids focused and fired up. Also to "Bomber 36's" point - special teams let down again. Now we'll need to take 2 of 3 at some tough away venue. Can be done, but damn it Cavanaugh get the home ice when it is on the line!

Reaction Score
I dont know I'd go that far, we lost two one-goal games on the road to the number 8 and 12 teams in the country.
Outside of one bad period against Amherst we played straight up or better in each of the other 5 periods I thought.
If this 10 game run wasn't a mirage than we will be in serious contention again for home ice next year.
In the meantime I fully expect us to split the first two games against whoever we play and then let's see what happens 60 minutes from TD Garden.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I dont know I'd go that far, we lost two one-goal games on the road to the number 8 and 12 teams in the country.
Outside of one bad period against Amherst we played straight up or better in each of the other 5 periods I thought.
If this 10 game run wasn't a mirage than we will be in serious contention again for home ice next year.
In the meantime I fully expect us to split the first two games against whoever we play and then let's see what happens 60 minutes from TD Garden.

probably fair...hey, I’ll take ONE win forget the Garden

now they face Wall or Swayman, good luck.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Definitely not a mirage. But, as I said after the second Umass game, special teams would be our undoing. I said it before then and I’ll continue to say it. It was certainly the case tonight. It has needed to be addressed all season, and yet it has not been. This mystifies me.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Hard to give a $h!+ - we should be hosting. Coaches job is to get kids focused and fired up. Also to "Bomber 36's" point - special teams let down again. Now we'll need to take 2 of 3 at some tough away venue. Can be done, but damn it Cavanaugh get the home ice when it is on the line!
Definitely let us down, but what is surprising is we were one of the least penalized teams in the league until tonight. Thank goodness for that because our pk stinks. Tonight was a bad night to committ a crap load of bad penalties. This was a playoff game for all intents and purposes...and we failed at treating it like one. Still, I think these guys can come back and win a road series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom