UConn @ #12 UMass Lowell (3/6/20 @ 7:15p) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #12 UMass Lowell (3/6/20 @ 7:15p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean they won like 8 out of 9 Hockey East games and then lost two close road games against top teams and people are still pissing on Cavanaugh? I pissed on Cavanaugh after the Merrimack loss (rightly so of course) and then stopped after they put up an AWESOME run that no one expected.

It's OK to give the guy some credit.

Oh wait, see you just won 8 of 9 or whatever and that just proves you're a bad coach cuz you lost to Merrimack before the hot streak!

That's not how this works.

You might find facts are inconvenient.

After the Merrimack debacle, we were 8-6 (8-4 HE).

Expecting a trip to Boston in the 7th year of the doldrums is not asking too much.
Getting to Boston would have been a lot easier playing at the XL this weekend.
But, we have the talent and I am hopeful we get there via Orono.

Re: Cavanaugh, it is fair to question his ability given our failure to even occasionally thrive in the HE playoffs.
You don't need any better example than UMass. They were 2-19-1 in Greg Carvel's first year (2016-17) and they were pretty dreadful before that too. But that team has turned it around fast. A frozen four finalist last year, poised to make another run this year and they are getting healthy at the right moment.

You want specifics - our special teams need a ton of work - that is coaching! The most challenging aspect of coaching is developing a disciplined and effective PK and PP. Cav just hasn't done that. Bottom line - is it too much to ask that we advance to Boston once in his 7 year tenure? I don't think so.

Let's see what happens in Orono. UConn has the horses to do it. Let's hope the boys and Cav step up - it's time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom