UCONN -11.5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN -11.5

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’m no expert when it comes to gambling but doesn’t this mean Vegas wants you to bet Tulane??? Maybe they know something
In more public games, where many people across the country may be betting it, books may skew the line to get people to bet a certain away, or to avoid an onslaught of winning wagers.

This game tonight is a rather obscure game, and will likely generate very little action outside of the respective fan bases, or extremely sharp bettors. This means that Vegas wants equal action on both sides, so they can win on the vig. This line is only meant to generate equal bets on both teams.

Reaction Score
Thing that worries me is the energy in the building tonight. 9 pm start mid-week at Gampel while students are on break. What are we going to see for a crowd tonight? Could be smaller than St. Joe's.
I don’t think there is any doubt it will. For St joes we were undefeated and season was fresh with optimism. Coming off two dreadful performances I am expecting an embarrassing turnout for tonight.

Reaction Score
I just can't see UConn being an 11 point favorite after the last 2 games. Now that I have said that, UConn will win by 15 or more.

Reaction Score
Can Carlton make two and 3 footers? Will CV be hot? Will Tulane take Polley out of the game? Will Bouk start to make more of his open shots? Can we get Akok involved in the offense? Our offense is the problem and the question for bettors. Oh, and then there is our free throw shooting. I will be happy if we get a win. The Dolphins winning in week 17 at Gillette is why I do not bet.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I know! Game time is based on TV. TV is based on quality of games. AAC games get played at 9. BE games would be played at 7.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My book is now down to 10.5. Tulane bettors just steaming down the line as we approach tip-off.

Reaction Score
We are favored by 11.5? Is that a joke? I thought it would be like 4 after these last 2 performances
This line is ridiculous. Tulane opened the season with a horrible blowout loss but has played pretty well since. They only lost at Memphis by 11.

Reaction Score
It’s inexcusable as a coach to not give your team every opportunity to win. I would have fouled 100/100 times.

Coach Hunter trying to raise their KenPom to get more respect. Well I see it, and respect the hustle.

Reaction Score
It was announced as 5,700... there’s no way Gampel was 1/2 full. Watching on tv it looked more like 3000-4000

Reaction Score
In more public games, where many people across the country may be betting it, books may skew the line to get people to bet a certain away, or to avoid an onslaught of winning wagers.

This game tonight is a rather obscure game, and will likely generate very little action outside of the respective fan bases, or extremely sharp bettors. This means that Vegas wants equal action on both sides, so they can win on the vig. This line is only meant to generate equal bets on both teams.

this "This means that Vegas wants equal action on both sides, so they can win on the vig" is what Vegas always wants.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom