Uconn +1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love that people like you still defend him as if he was some absolute stud PG that led Seton Hall to multiple elite 8's or something.
Gibbs has one year to learn to play Championship quality basketball with a most demanding coach. He has to learn a new offense and new players and expected to control that offense.

It ain't going to happen in a dozen or so games. Wait until February and you will see how good he is. Oh and Miller's position is much easier to adjust to, his role primarily is to rebound, score and play defense. That's works for any team in the country compared to Gibbs having to run the offensive sets, setting up teammates, running fast breaks, and other 'quarterback' duties. Gibbs is legit you will see.

And yes I am defending him.

Reaction Score
Gibbs has one year to learn to play Championship quality basketball with a most demanding coach. He has to learn a new offense and new players and expected to control that offense.

It ain't going to happen in a dozen or so games. Wait until February and you will see how good he is. Oh and Miller's position is much easier to adjust to, his role primarily is to rebound, score and play defense. That's works for any team in the country compared to Gibbs having to run the offensive sets, setting up teammates, running fast breaks, and other 'quarterback' duties. Gibbs is legit you will see.

And yes I am defending him.

Gibbs is a 5th year college player with a full summer of practice with the team and KO doesn't run any particularly complex offensive sets. A dozen or so games is also roughly 1/3rd of the season, and in that time he's shown little to no discernible improvement.

Gibbs is a useful player. As a primarily off the ball spot up shooter. He's not a true PG and can't get to the rim. The sooner people stop defending his weaknesses and waiting for things that are never going to happen and accept what he's capable of as a player the better off we'll be.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
In true boneyard fashion, this thread started by talking about the spread and then devolved into people bashing Gibbs for no apparent reason. Great.

I guess Gibbs is the new Brimah... getting continually dragged into every thread and bashed for no apparent reason? Jesus, this board can be so insufferable. Let's get back to talking basketball instead of bashing kids on our team, huh?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our inability to score a bucket last year was so excruciating at times that I'm trying to do my best to just enjoy the season as it unfolds. We have a legitimate offense for once and can actually win games by simply outscoring people. Everyone whining about Gibbs would have given their left arm for him to be on our team last year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The sooner people stop defending his weaknesses and waiting for things that are never going to happen and accept what he's capable of as a player the better off we'll be.

Were that to happen, I don't think it'll change much of anything.

Reaction Score
In true boneyard fashion, this thread started by talking about the spread and then devolved into people bashing Gibbs for no apparent reason. Great.

I guess Gibbs is the new Brimah... getting continually dragged into every thread and bashed for no apparent reason? Jesus, this board can be so insufferable. Let's get back to talking basketball instead of bashing kids on our team, huh?
Obviously the big money relies on this forum. Line now Texas - 2

Reaction Score
Gibbs is a 5th year college player with a full summer of practice with the team and KO doesn't run any particularly complex offensive sets. A dozen or so games is also roughly 1/3rd of the season, and in that time he's shown little to no discernible improvement.

Gibbs is a useful player. As a primarily off the ball spot up shooter. He's not a true PG and can't get to the rim. The sooner people stop defending his weaknesses and waiting for things that are never going to happen and accept what he's capable of as a player the better off we'll be.

I have decided to listen to you and realize Gibbs sucks. I will have a much easier time watching the game tonight thanks to your input, I am so relaxed and at ease. Much appreciated.

Reaction Score
I have decided to listen to you and realize Gibbs sucks. I will have a much easier time watching the game tonight thanks to your input, I am so relaxed and at ease. Much appreciated.

He sucks at trying to be something that he's clearly not. Stick him off the ball and make him primarily a sniper and he'd be very useful.

Reaction Score
Gibbs took 12.5 shots per game last season at Seton Hall. This year he's shooting 8.5 per game. I did the numbers out. If Gibbs was shooting 12.5 shots per game like he was last year, he'd be averaging 15.4 ppg. Keep in mind this is if his shooting percentage of 44% from the field and 34% from 3 remained the same. He wont shoot 34% from 3 for the year. Leave the fricken guy alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom