Uconn +1 | The Boneyard

Uconn +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Even. Going into a hostile environment Texas will be up for it. Pups need to take care of business. Limit those threes.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
It's been awhile for us to come away with a key road win...time to get a much needed OOC W tonight preferably of the buzzer beater variety to return the favor

Reaction Score
It's been awhile for us to come away with a key road win...time to get a much needed OOC W tonight preferably of the buzzer beater variety to return the favor
At the time, vs Florida was pretty good last year.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I don't trust this team in it's present state against a P5 team, even with Ridley out.

P5 =/= good.

UConn should be good tonight.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
At the time, vs Florida was pretty good last year.
No offense but Florida was 7-5 at the time we beat them...I wouldn't categorize that as a good road victory

Reaction Score
For tonight.
I fear the pressure D by Texas will fluster Gibbs. Before Texas turns it into a turnover delight, Adams will be needed to play as a Soph, not as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I fear the pressure D by Texas will fluster Gibbs. Before Texas turns it into a turnover delight, Adams will be needed to play as a Soph, not as a freshman.

I love it. People just take gratuitous shots at Gibbs that have no basis in reality now. The fifth year kid is going to be flustered so the freshman has to play like a sophomore. Good grief.

Reaction Score

If you want to grasp at straws, then why not suggest that Gibbs will be flustered by playing on his former home court again or something.

Reaction Score
I love it. People just take gratuitous shots at Gibbs that have no basis in reality now. The fifth year kid is going to be flustered so the freshman has to play like a sophomore. Good grief.
Need a whipping boy with AB out. But Gibbs will have a good game tonite

Reaction Score

I love that people like you still defend him as if he was some absolute stud PG that led Seton Hall to multiple elite 8's or something.

Reaction Score
I love that people like you still defend him as if he was some absolute stud PG that led Seton Hall to multiple elite 8's or something.

I love that people hammer on the kid despite having proven everyone one of you wrong prior to coming to Storrs. Has he lived up to it yet, No. But he's already done it and will do it again. Just be sure to be around.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hope we can join the P5 soon so that we can take part in the magical properties that get conferred upon the members.

ahahhahahah I was thinking the same exact things.

The P5 logo on their jerseys (which, incidentally, doesn't exist) allows players to turn into superman for periods of time during games against none P5 opponents.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No offense but Florida was 7-5 at the time we beat them...I wouldn't categorize that as a good road victory

The only thing that matters is how that victory stacks up in March. I don't know why people can't just admit that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I love that people hammer on the kid despite having proven everyone one of you wrong prior to coming to Storrs. Has he lived up to it yet, No. But he's already done it and will do it again. Just be sure to be around.

He has also been better than most give him credit for. It's not like he's been a dumpster fire. He just hasn't lived up to expectations. Yet.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
The only thing that matters is how that victory stacks up in March. I don't know why people can't just admit that.
Obviously and that win (which wasn't even all that great at the time) turned into a complete non factor for our resume once March rolled around

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Obviously and that win (which wasn't even all that great at the time) turned into a complete non factor for our resume once March rolled around

Of course it was a factor, can you imagine what the seed would have been without that win? Our seed was a reflection of losing to all those garbage teams like Houston. We deserved it.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Of course it was a factor, can you imagine what the seed would have been without that win? Our seed was a reflection of losing to all those garbage teams like Houston. We deserved it.
Come on, the Gators ended up 16-17 last year. That is the definition of a win that you can't hang your hat on. It's just another W vs a below .500 opponent.

Now we all know why we missed the tourney a year ago and those losses to the teams did us in. Avoid those kind of similar slip ups this time around and we should still be dancing regardless.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Come on, the Gators ended up 16-17 last year. That is the definition of a win that you can't hang your hat on. It's just another W vs a below .500 opponent.

Now we all know why we missed the tourney a year ago and those losses to the ty teams did us in. Avoid those kind of similar slip ups this time around and we should still be dancing regardless.

Whoops, I was talking about the year before that! I couldn't figure out why you were saying it wasn't a good win. hahaha

Reaction Score

Yeah his horrible Big East conference record the last 2 years and that 3/2 A/TO ratio last year really inspires a ton of confidence. And he's really passed the eye test this year as a 5th year senior with his ability to distribute and get to the rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom