UConn’s best 3-point shooters: Rashad snubbed from list?! | The Boneyard

UConn’s best 3-point shooters: Rashad snubbed from list?!

Reaction Score
There are a few things I can’t let pass in this world, and Rashad Anderson disrespect is near the top of the list.

How could someone possibly publish a list of UConn’s best 3-point shooters and leave off Rashad, literally the school’s all-time leader in 3s made and the author of some of the clutchest shots in UConn history?

Who are the best 3-point shooters in UConn men's basketball history? Here's our list https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/uc...s-nba-ray-allen-richard-hamilton-18498782.php

To make up for this egregious snub, everyone should take some time today to watch 200+ of Rashad’s 3-pointers. Onions!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are a few things I can’t let pass in this world, and Rashad Anderson disrespect is near the top of the list.

How could someone possibly publish a list of UConn’s best 3-point shooters and leave off Rashad, literally the school’s all-time leader in 3s made?

Who are the best 3-point shooters in UConn men's basketball history? Here's our list https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/uc...s-nba-ray-allen-richard-hamilton-18498782.php

To make up for this egregious snub, everyone should take some time today to watch 200+ of Rashad’s 3-pointers. Onions!

The comeback against Duke in the 2004 Final Four wouldn’t have happened without him. That was one of the biggest threes in UConn history.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Love the “I don’t pass” quote from San Antonio.
Hate the Miami baseline trim that immediately made me think of Darius Rice.

Reaction Score
While I appreciate the articles that Christine Butterfield of the Register writes on UConn, she's not from around here and has been here a short time so her knowledge of UConn hoops is pretty limited. She wrote an article a couple months ago about best UConn players and didn't have Shabazz on there. I wrote on here at that time about why Shabazz should be included. Someone might want to hit her up on Twitter and explain both omissions are criminal.

Here's the alternate access for the article.

Who are the best 3-point shooters in UConn men's basketball history? Here's our list

Reaction Score
Here's the thread on most "impactful" players that Christine Butterfield wrote an article about. See post #17 where I make the case for Shabazz. Not even a question.

Reaction Score
Love the “I don’t pass” quote from San Antonio.
Hate the Miami baseline trim that immediately made me think of Darius Rice.
I was there for that game, drove 31/2 hours to get there and the ride home seemed like at least twice that long .

Reaction Score

How could someone possibly publish a list of UConn’s best 3-point shooters and leave off Rashad, literally the school’s all-time leader in 3s made and the author of some of the clutchest shots in UConn history?

Who are the best 3-point shooters in UConn men's basketball history? Here's our list Who are the best 3-point shooters in UConn men's basketball history? Here's our list

Christine Butterfield should have to watch 200+ Shad 3 pointers

Reaction Score
I loved Doron as a player but there is no way he should be on this list. And not to have Rashad here is unbelievable. What kind of effort did she put into this?

Reaction Score
I never thought of Rip as a 3-point shooter. But the OP is right, Rashad belongs. He's why we beat Duke in 2004. And ask the UDub Huskies if they remember Rashad.
His shot against Washington in D.C. was my favorite because I was there. I was so pumped after that victory over UDub and Brandon Roy. Special performance against Duke in 2004 too.

And extra points for his scream costume and rubber knife on Halloween.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Welp, it's obvious Christine doesn't have a shadow account on the BY. She would get way better information for her articles if she did.

The whole article is a mess and awkwardly worded.

Sheffer was a key part of a dynamic Husky trio with Allen and Kevin Ollie. These three led the Huskies to win three straight Big East Championships.
He is the only player in UConn history to record 1,000 points and 500 assists over three seasons. The Big East Rookie of the Year (1994)
ranks third on the Huskies' all-time Huskies for 3-pointers made per game (2.71) and in total 3-pointers made (95).
Gordon converted 104 threes over his last year at UConn, the third-highest in program history, and ranks sixth in 3-pointers made per game (2.67).

Here's the correct info:

Screenshot 2023-12-29 132033.jpg

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Welp, it's obvious Christine doesn't have a shadow account on the BY. She would get way better information for her articles if she did.
No doubt. She could also cover stock winners, best pizza spots, best way to cook steak, best breakfast sandwiches, medical advice, legal advice, Christmas movies, pros and cons of using a double big line-up, cable vs streaming, Arby’s best sandwiches…and well, pretty much anything else.

Reaction Score
I love how she says “our” list like she didn’t write it.
Maybe she's schizophrenic. :)

If Dave Borges and Mike Anthony had input on the list then there's no way they wouldn't have Rashad on there.

Reaction Score
Fish Fry in the house

"Honorable Mention:
Rashad Anderson (276 career 3's is most in UConn history)
Niels Giffey (42.1 percent career 3-point shooter)
Joey Calcaterra (converted 44.6 percent in one season)."

Reaction Score
Wasn't Rashad also instrumental against the big comeback against UMass one season.
Watch the beginning of the video that is the first post in this chat. UMass was up 34-13 and then Rashad did his thing making his first three 3-pointers of his career. Love the way his made shots often snapped the net.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
One thing that we should talk about is the distance. When it was the top of the key and you had six feet between the sideline and three point line from the corner, I was a pretty good three point shooter. 1986 -2009 @ 19’9”, 2009- 2019 @ 20’9” 2019 @ 22’ 1 and 3/4”. It’s a much harder shot than it was in 2009 and comparing over 22 ft to under 20 ft makes me think that these stats should all have asterisks. Just saying from what I saw someone like Hawk would shoot 45-50% from 19’9” IMHO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom