UCLA's Josh Rosen: "Football And School Don't Go Together" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UCLA's Josh Rosen: "Football And School Don't Go Together"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Huh? In what world is 30 right between 66 and 103?
Kind of ironic, don't you think?

At risk of defending JSM, I think he meant that Clemson was in the middle of the other two. He just wrote the list in a weird way...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Settle down chachi.... One persons anti SEC sentiment doesn't reflect the entire state of CT.

Thanks, I'm calm, but coming from West Hartford, I am very used to people looking down on colleges that aren't Ivy or Little Ivy as if people that don't go to high end schools are less worthy. Gets my hackles up.

Reaction Score
To me it's more about the SEC, and maybe garbage schools like WVU and Louisville.

SEC Alums are obnoxious and annoying. You meet an Arkansas alum and all they want to talk about is SEC domination. "Look, Arkansas sucks and isn't relevant, and is a wasteland academically."

You meet a Wake Forest or G Tech alum and they don't start gushing about Puke or UNC basketball.

Thanks, I'm calm, but coming from West Hartford, I am very used to people looking down on colleges that aren't Ivy or Little Ivy as if people that don't go to high end schools are less worthy. Gets my hackles up.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I am sure that if your preconceived notion is that their university is "a wasteland" you are being met with zero defensiveness. And actually, I have had a Wake Forest co-worker brag to me about tobacco road, but I just shrug it off.

Reaction Score
Umm, SEC alums are idiots. Do they realize the minute these kids are eligible they leave and play on Sunday, not Saturday.

Alabamer is a joke of a school. Yeah, coeds are hot & down to €&%6, but dumb too.

I am sure that if your preconceived notion is that their university is "a wasteland" you are being met with zero defensiveness. And actually, I have had a Wake Forest co-worker brag to me about tobacco road, but I just shrug it off.

Reaction Score
He rips Alabama and Clemson. I wonder if this kid knows that Clemson is a really good school.
Primarily engineering. A REALLY good school. I have been to quite a few conferences there. I love that little town.

Reaction Score
Umm, SEC alums are idiots. Do they realize the minute these kids are eligible they leave and play on Sunday, not Saturday.

Alabamer is a joke of a school. Yeah, coeds are hot & down to €&%6, but dumb too.

You need to stop, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Reminds me of BD's comments that we don't want guys who love math more than they love football--I think the quote came as Jefferson Ashiru was leaving the program. It's the truth--players are guided towards BS majors in BS programs (and I'm not saying bachelors of science), and yet such a slim margin of them will make any decent money in the NFL. Then we get folks arguing that pay for play is nonsense because the players already earn a college degree for free. Problem is, they don't even get a real college education 9 times out of 10. It's all a front.

Diaco didn't need math guys. When you can't score, 7+7 can equal anything. Maybe we'll find out this season.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter how a school is ranked academically. It's what a school does (or doesn't do) to keep it's athletes eligible. What is Watson degree from Clemson? Is it a conventional degree or some degree that was designed for an athlete to sail though?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why are you wasting perfectly good hackles on schools from the SEC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom