UCLA @ Stanford - 12/29/17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCLA @ Stanford - 12/29/17

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know Tara has seen a full court press before. Doesn't appear her team has a clue what to do at the moment.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's frustrating that Stanford is finally playing well after stinking it up against its entire OOC schedule. This makes the conference look bad.

They're hitting some shots. Everybody looks better when the ball is going thru the net. Between Stanford's TOs and UCLA's shooting woes, this game is not a great showcase for the Pac 12.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford finally hitting FTs (6-7) and too much McPhee in the 4th quarter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McPhee---26 points on 10-16 FG and 13 pts in the 4th quarter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, UCLA starts conference play @ Stanford, @ Cal, then host Oregon and Oregon St. 3 out of the 4 are ranked, and Stanford is Stanford.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Having McPhee back helps good win.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA was picked to win the conference last year and finished 4th. Picked as the favorite again this year. They have not shown the ability to play well on the road w/ this current group of players. Still looks like a problem for them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McPhee has only played 4 games this year. She has scored 24, 9, 27 and 26. Guess who the 9 point game was against.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Really a nightmare shooting game for UCLA. Stanford did a great job defensively of shutting down the dribble drive and was daring them to shoot from the outside. Even when Canada could get past her perimeter defender, the help defense was right there and the passing options were closed off.

I feel like UCLA's shooting is in a crisis of confidence. It seems like they are just hoping that their shot goes in.

Stanford probably needed this win more than UCLA did. It was only a matter of time before Stanford put together a good game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
McPhee has only played 4 games this year. She has scored 24, 9, 27 and 26. Guess who the 9 point game was against.
That's pretty damn impressive. So her 20+ games were against LouisvilleOhio State, Tennessee, and UCLA. She is really a handful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Canada shooting an abysmal 7-28. My goodness, at some point stop shooting and pass the ball.
McPhee played much better than Canada. Canada is overrated.

Plebe

Reaction Score
McPhee played much better than Canada. Canada is overrated.
Even great players have bad games. Canada is one of the very few players Geno has gone out of his way to give effusive praise to. Surely you're not saying that Geno gives away compliments cheaply.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That's pretty damn impressive. So her 20+ games were against Louisville, Tennessee, and UCLA. She is really a handful.

Switch out Louisville for Ohio St.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, Canada didn't shoot the ball well, but her pressure D and forcing turnovers kept UCLA in the game most of the night.

Reaction Score
Even great players have bad games. Canada is one of the very few players Geno has gone out of his way to give effusive praise to. Surely you're not saying that Geno gives away compliments cheaply.
With UConn, Canada was 5-16.
With Stanford she was 7-28.
You think she is a great player?

Reaction Score
Canada shooting an abysmal 7-28. My goodness, at some point stop shooting and pass the ball.
To whom? Billings could do nothing inside while starters Hayes and Drummer took 3 shots and made one. I've seen better offensive game plans on junior high playgrounds. Poor Canada.

Plebe

Reaction Score
With UConn, Canada was 5-16.
With Stanford she was 7-28.
You think she is a great player?
So your answer is yes. You must think Geno hands out cheap praise or he is a poor judge of talent.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To use the misquote from Mark Twain on Tara “the reports of her death are greatly exaggerated”... and even Cal did a pretty good job on USC. There have been some good comments on this thread and one of the crystallizing views I am coming to is how teams “get up to play UConn” and look like top contenders and then when they play other teams, they look pedestrian-think Oklahoma, UCLA, ND and Nevada.
As Nwhoopfan noted, UCLA needs to rebound quick with Cal, Oregon and OSU coming up or they could be hurting by Presidents Day. I am going with Oregon to win this conference. After that, probably OSU then who knows. Glad to see Stanford bounce back, with hope that it continues.

Reaction Score
So your answer is yes. You must think Geno hands out cheap praise or he is a poor judge of talent.
I never use "cheap" this word. It you use twice in your 2 posts.
Why you keep saying Geno is cheap and poor judge?
Do you really not like Geno so much? If so you don't need to tell everyone here twice ...LOL

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Really a nightmare shooting game for UCLA. Stanford did a great job defensively of shutting down the dribble drive and was daring them to shoot from the outside. Even when Canada could get past her perimeter defender, the help defense was right there and the passing options were closed off.

I feel like UCLA's shooting is in a crisis of confidence. It seems like they are just hoping that their shot goes in.

Stanford probably needed this win more than UCLA did. It was only a matter of time before Stanford put together a good game.
I think guards Stanford's guards looked weak and while the team as a whole looked better than earlier, it did not look good to me. There were too many turnovers and too much helter skelter play, imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom