UCLA Homecoming Game for Lou | The Boneyard

UCLA Homecoming Game for Lou

Reaction Score
Given that Lou will not play in tomorrow’s game against UCLA, do you think Geno will work something out next year to get another homecoming game for her? It’s really sad that she suffered this sprain and will not have an opportunity to play in front of her family and friends. I hope Geno can work something out next year.

Reaction Score
Good point. I didn't realize this was supposed to be the de facto homecoming for Lou. Is that on record somewhere?

Gabby said it best yesterday when commenting on Lou not being able to play Tuesday's game: "It stinks."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There are over 100 colleges and universities in LA County, though not all field women's basketball teams. Problem: Geno is not about to forsake his strategy of a brutal pre-conference schedule so he's not about to schedule LA City College. Also, if we believe Brenda yesterday, UConn is booked 2 years out.

Reaction Score
The team plays at Cal next year. This game at UCLA was set up as a home and home in 2015, so I doubt there was any KLS homecoming consideration that went into it.

Reaction Score
I will predict this. Now that Lou cannot play on Tuesday, Geno will find a way to make a homecoming game happen for her next year. He has her back.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Is it possible that they work it out for Lou to go out and make a layup and then give UCLA a layup much like they did for Sales to have the scoring title against Nova????

Reaction Score
With the backlash that incident caused I doubt it...

Reaction Score
I don't get the big deal about having her play in this game. She'd be better off staying home so she doesn't have to miss class unnecessarily since she can't participate in basketball activities.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't get the big deal about having her play in this game. She'd be better off staying home so she doesn't have to miss class unnecessarily since she can't participate in basketball activities.
I doubt she's gonna miss the chance to be home for Thanksgiving.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

There are no classes this week. Of course she's going to travel to support her teammates and see her family and she would do that even if there were classes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can they do that? I mean leave the team on a team/school sponsored trip?
I imagine the Samuelson's will have the team for Thanksgiving.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I imagine the Samuelson's will have the team for Thanksgiving.

From's Paul Doyle's notebook:

UConn’s itinerary this week includes Thanksgiving in Eugene, Ore. The team will leave Los Angeles on Wednesday as it prepares to play Michigan State in the Nike’s PK80-Phil Knight Invitational Saturday. Nike is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for the teams.

The UConn men will also be there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I believe Lou will travel with her team to Oregon on Wednesday.
Maybe, but that's not usually how they work things. They can travel to Oregon on Friday, they don't play til Saturday. Hit Disney on Wed., Thanksgiving with the Samuelson's on Thursday, fly up to Oregon on Friday. I can see them going immediately to Vegas after the game on Sat, so they can hit the slots...:cool:, but no reason to leave LA for Oregon early.

Reaction Score
Is the UCLA a home and home series? If so, Geno could possibly play next years game out in LA again. This would be a much better solution than what Tonyc suggested above. (I'm confident Geno will never bring that play out again! :rolleyes: )

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From's Paul Doyle's notebook:

UConn’s itinerary this week includes Thanksgiving in Eugene, Ore. The team will leave Los Angeles on Wednesday as it prepares to play Michigan State in the Nike’s PK80-Phil Knight Invitational Saturday. Nike is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for the teams.
Well they screwed the pooch on that one.

Just another reason I'm an Adidas fan.

Should fire their travel agent and hire me. :cool:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maybe, but that's not usually how they work things. They can travel to Oregon on Friday, they don't play til Saturday. Hit Disney on Wed., Thanksgiving with the Samuelson's on Thursday, fly up to Oregon on Friday. I can see them going immediately to Vegas after the game on Sat, so they can hit the slots...:cool:, but no reason to leave LA for Oregon early.

That sounds nice but not happening.

Reaction Score
Not every player gets a "home" game. It is not a right.
The team is going to LA. She still gets to celebrate with family and show her teammates where she grew up. Dont get me wrong, it stinks she cant play, but it's hardly the end of the world.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I will predict this. Now that Lou cannot play on Tuesday, Geno will find a way to make a homecoming game happen for her next year. He has her back.
USC (the real USC) would add an opponent to the ongoing Pac-12 tour.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Is it possible that they work it out for Lou to go out and make a layup and then give UCLA a layup much like they did for Sales to have the scoring title against Nova????

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom