UCF sets G5 record - sells out Peach Bowl Ticket Allotment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF sets G5 record - sells out Peach Bowl Ticket Allotment

Reaction Score
I get tired of liars. You are the only person in the world who would say that we outscored VPI in our bowls but it doesn't count because we didn't have an offensive touchdown. Seriously, find me one other person who thinks 13 is better than 20 depending on where it came from.

Liar? I stated that UConn's offense was anemic. It was. I stated that UConn was the only team - win or lose - on NYD '11 that did not score an offensive TD. It was. And, I never said anything about Virginia Tech's 13 being better than UConn's 20 points. But as far as Virginia Tech goes, it did not have the same urgency to establish credibility that it belonged in a BCS Bowl. How different that game might have been if the Huskies had QB sneaked that 4th and a foot or given the ball to Todman, their best running back, like in the Pitt game instead attempting a much too slowly developing run.

Reaction Score
Liar? I stated that UConn's offense was anemic. It was. I stated that UConn was the only team - win or lose - on NYD '11 that did not score an offensive TD. It was. And, I never said anything about Virginia Tech's 13 being better than UConn's 20 points. But as far as Virginia Tech goes, it did not have the same urgency to establish credibility that it belonged in a BCS Bowl. How different that game might have been if the Huskies had QB sneaked that 4th and a foot or given the ball to Todman, their best running back, like in the Pitt game instead attempting a much too slowly developing run.

Come now Men, keep it together, LOL! We'll get through this misery one day, hopefully, somehow, perhaps,maybe...LOL!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

All I want for Christmas is UCONN in a bowl game in 2018!

IMG_0472.JPG

Reaction Score
I know UCONN didn't exactly impress against Oklahoma that year on the fiesta bowl, but why is VT given a pass who statistically did worse against Stanford than UCONN did against Oklahoma?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know UCONN didn't exactly impress against Oklahoma that year on the fiesta bowl, but why is VT given a pass who statistically did worse against Stanford than UCONN did against Oklahoma?

Because they weren’t 8-4 with a loss to Temple.

Seriously. UConn was at best the second worst team to go to a BCS game.

Why do you think people pointed that out?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because they weren’t 8-4 with a loss to Temple.
Seriously. UConn was at best the second worst team to go to a BCS game.

UConn was better than that at the end of the season, though. A far cry from the team that lost to Rutgers. They came into the BCS game on a nice winning streak. I still don't understand why we didn't get the Orange Bowl. We would have been the dominant crowd there and I think we win. That would have changed the entire narrative. Much of our damage was self-inflicted but we never caught a break either.

Reaction Score
UConn was better than that at the end of the season, though. A far cry from the team that lost to Rutgers. They came into the BCS game on a nice winning streak. I still don't understand why we didn't get the Orange Bowl. We would have been the dominant crowd there and I think we win. That would have changed the entire narrative. Much of our damage was self-inflicted but we never caught a break either.

Because it was a draft and we were the ugly kid and we got picked last because that stadium also had the NC game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because it was a draft and we were the ugly kid and we got picked last because that stadium also had the NC game.
But we still would have brought more to Miami than Stanford did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom