UCF sets G5 record - sells out Peach Bowl Ticket Allotment | The Boneyard

UCF sets G5 record - sells out Peach Bowl Ticket Allotment

Reaction Score
Congrats to UCF and good for the AAC. Fan participation and interest is important for future TV negotiations, etc. With Scott Frost coaching his last game, the prospects for a perfect season and beating Auburn who beat Bama make this a very exciting bowl game. Even more exciting than the "ConFLiCT" LOL!

A perfect scenario would be Bama winning the playoff. That would really make all the P5 snobs squirm.

"UCF sold out its 12,500-ticket allotment to the Peach Bowl, setting a record as the first Group of 5 program to sell out its tickets in the College Football Playoff era."

UCF sets record with Peach Bowl ticket sellout, fans will learn order status soon

Reaction Score
Are they still running the same scam they did when the BCS was in place? Where fans of the championship game teams had to purchase tickets to the other BCS bowl at the championship site? We got hosed with that scam. The narrative that we only sold 2k tickets or something really damaged our rep.

Could we have gotten any more unlucky during the CR nonsense? Hard to believe all the things that went against us.

Reaction Score
Are they still running the same scam they did when the BCS was in place? Where fans of the championship game teams had to purchase tickets to the other BCS bowl at the championship site? We got hosed with that scam. The narrative that we only sold 2k tickets or something really damaged our rep.

Could we have gotten any more unlucky during the CR nonsense? Hard to believe all the things that went against us.

We sure did get hosed. These bowl operatives have one thing in mind. Do you think they really care about the fans?

greed-eating-money.jpg

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

That narrative that we didn't show up to the Fiesta Bowl may have been the worst thing ever hung on us in the CR era (coaching decisions aside).

It was such absolute bull as well. I bought a flight for $300+ and got a ticket off stubhub for $30-$40, as opposed to the $125 or whatever it was from the school.

They gave us such a hard time from there, but total attendance at the stadium was damn near capacity and we represented especially well considering it was a cross country flight.

I always reference this.

Fiesta Bowl 2011
Oklahoma 48 v UConn 20
Margin of defeat 28 points
Attendance 67,232

Orange Bowl 2011
Stanford 40 v Virginia Tech 12
Attendance 65,453

But what was the ESPN narrative for weeks? UConn got blown out and didn't deserve to be there and nobody went to the game. But when it happened to the ACC two days later...Not a word.

Reaction Score
That narrative that we didn't show up to the Fiesta Bowl may have been the worst thing ever hung on us in the CR era (coaching decisions aside).

It was such absolute bull as well. I bought a flight for $300+ and got a ticket off stubhub for $30-$40, as opposed to the $125 or whatever it was from the school.

They gave us such a hard time from there, but total attendance at the stadium was damn near capacity and we represented especially well considering it was a cross country flight.

I always reference this.

Fiesta Bowl 2011
Oklahoma 48 v UConn 20
Attendance 67,232

Orange Bowl 2011
Attendance 65,453

But what was the ESPN narrative for weeks? UConn got blown out and didn't deserve to be there and nobody went to the game. But when it happened to the ACC two days later...Not a word.
Bingo.

Reaction Score

I always reference this.

Fiesta Bowl 2011
Oklahoma 48 v UConn 20
Attendance 67,232

Orange Bowl 2011
Attendance 65,453

Didn’t VT also sell less of their allotment than we did?

Reaction Score
Congrats to UCF and good for the AAC. Fan participation and interest is important for future TV negotiations, etc. With Scott Frost coaching his last game, the prospects for a perfect season and beating Auburn who beat Bama make this a very exciting bowl game. Even more exciting than the "ConFLiCT" LOL!

A perfect scenario would be Bama winning the playoff. That would really make all the P5 snobs squirm.

"UCF sold out its 12,500-ticket allotment to the Peach Bowl, setting a record as the first Group of 5 program to sell out its tickets in the College Football Playoff era."

UCF sets record with Peach Bowl ticket sellout, fans will learn order status soon

Iowa State sells it's 15,000 allotment for Liberty Bowl against Memphis. Should be another good crowd for the American.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-15-000-their-liberty-bowl-tickets/930716001/

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The allotments are distributed by the schools. They are already all sold.

This is about distribution and demand vs recouping the outlay.

If there were a Peach Bowl, let alone a BCS bowl within driving distance of Storrs, we'd have sold our allotment too.

I also suspect they are not selling Peach Bowl Tickets as a prerequisite for buying Championship Tickets, flooding the market with cheap Peach Bowl Tickets, further under cutting demand for the official allotment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It definitely helps that UCF pumps out 12k-15k every year and many stay on the southeast.

It's an easy drive from Orlando to ATL.

Good for UCF fans for representing.

Like it or not, these are things other conferences will look at next round of expansion.

Size in and of itself is a desirable attribute.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
UCF & Memphis just jumped the line to partner with ND in the ACC

Reaction Score
UCF has very few real fans. They catch fire every 5-10 years and fill the stadium, but its a novelty. The UCF fans I know get crazy when they are undefeated and a little hysteria breaks out but it doesn’t last. They will need many years of sustained winning to have a stable fan base. I guarantee you the majority of “UCF kids” in that stadium were lifelong UF/FSU fans or non-sports fans.

I know an alum who drove around with a huge UCF flag flying on his car last time they were in a big bowl. He knows nothing about sports, doesn’t watch their games and didn’t say a word about UCF for the last several years. It is a bandwagon thing at this point.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UCF has very few real fans. They catch fire every 5-10 years and fill the stadium, but its a novelty. The UCF fans I know get crazy when they are undefeated and a little hysteria breaks out but it doesn’t last. They will need many years of sustained winning to have a stable fan base. I guarantee you the majority of “UCF kids” in that stadium were lifelong UF/FSU fans or non-sports fans.

I know an alum who drove around with a huge UCF flag flying on his car last time they were in a big bowl. He knows nothing about sports, doesn’t watch their games and didn’t say a word about UCF for the last several years. It is a bandwagon thing at this point.

But it's a helluva sized bandwagon.
Each graduating class turns a few more of those Gator and Seminoles fans in to Knight fans.

Having a vibrant UCF fan base is independent of UConn's fanbase potential.

I don't find a need to denigrate fans of other schools. Wish UConn was doing well enough to rope in 20k-30k bandwagon fans

Reaction Score
I’m not denigrating their fans. They have been served a carousel of coaches and no consistency of winning in any sport. It just doesn’t build long term fans. We are seeing what bad seasons do to a fan base ourselves. We are fortunate enough to have won a lot and we have the attention of the whole state. Winning will likely bring most of our fans back.

UCF has a very fragmented record of success and their student body grew up fans of the state flagships or Miami. They could turn into something big, but I tend to doubt it. USF has been good for a few years now and they still draw flies. Winning wasn’t even enough to keep the fans coming back, mostly because they aren’t really fans. They just enjoy the novelty of their school or local U being good for a change and then the novelty wears off. Their hearts are in Gainesville, Tallahassee and Miami.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Good for UCF but I’d like to know what the cost of the ticket was for them through their allotment vs the secondary market. Like many here said, UConn had a few things working against us for the Fiesta Bowl. First off it was across the country which I know is a poor excuse but flying from CT to AZ is a hell of a lot more then driving from Orlando to ATL. Secondly, there were tons of cheap tickets as fans of the Championship teams were forced to buy the Fiesta Bowl tix. This caused the majority of those fans to flood the secondary market with dirt cheap tix. Considering the cost to fly out there and stay overnight, it’s pretty easy to see why fans went with secondary market tix over UConn’s allotment. There were probably not as many cheaper options for UCF, hence why their allotment was sold.

It’s good for UCF but UConn travelled just as well for our big bowl. It just doesn’t ever get said because the allotment numbers show otherwise and it doesn’t fit everyone’s narrative that UConn doesn’t travel well.

Reaction Score

Band wagon fans at UCF? Every school has them, including Uconn. Uconn goes undefeated, the stadium is packed and Peach Bowl trip for a holiday gift is on a lot of lists for people that can not name a single player or are calling for FB to be dropped in the down years. That would be a great thing to have again.

Honest question, does the AAC cover bowl tickets Like some of the other conferences? I know the Big East did not. I think the ACC covers the Tier 1 bowls for their teams.

Reaction Score

I always reference this.

Fiesta Bowl 2011
Oklahoma 48 v UConn 20
Attendance 67,232

Orange Bowl 2011
Attendance 65,453

I always reference this.

Fiesta Bowl 2011
Oklahoma 48 v UConn 20
Attendance 67,232

Orange Bowl 2011
Attendance 65,453

It was more than just attendance figures that hurt UConn at the Fiesta Bowl. Of the five or six games played on that New Year's Day, the Huskies were the ONLY TEAM - win or lose - that failed to score an offensive TD. UConn scored on a KO return and a pick six and FG's. Every other team, no matter the margin of victory or defeat, scored a TD from the LOS. UConn was its anemic self on offense - a calling card that existed until this season when the O showed some potency. This included a stop with UConn unable to convert a 4th and a foot down near the goal line when the game was still in question. The lack of offense really underscored, IMO, the perception that UConn didn't belong in a BCS Bowl.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It was more than just attendance figures that hurt UConn at the Fiesta Bowl. Of the five or six games played on that New Year's Day, the Huskies were the ONLY TEAM - win or lose - that failed to score an offensive TD. UConn scored on a KO return and a pick six and FG's. Every other team, no matter the margin of victory or defeat, scored a TD from the LOS. UConn was its anemic self on offense - a calling card that existed until this season when the O showed some potency. This included a stop with UConn unable to convert a 4th and a foot down near the goal line when the game was still in question. The lack of offense really underscored, IMO, the perception that UConn didn't belong in a BCS Bowl.

Disagree - the program was dragged through the mud for a month before the game was even played.

Reaction Score
It definitely helps that UCF pumps out 12k-15k every year and many stay on the southeast.

It's an easy drive from Orlando to ATL.

Good for UCF fans for representing.

Like it or not, these are things other conferences will look at next round of expansion.

Size in and of itself is a desirable attribute.

Great media market too.

Reaction Score
Disagree - the program was dragged through the mud for a month before the game was even played.

Don't disagree, but UConn's 1950's offense wasn't cutting it in an era where teams find it easy to get to the end zone.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

More exciting than the ConFLiCT? Whoa ... hold on there, cowboy. That's saying a lot.

Reaction Score

I get tired of liars. You are the only person in the world who would say that we outscored VPI in our bowls but it doesn't count because we didn't have an offensive touchdown. Seriously, find me one other person who thinks 13 is better than 20 depending on where it came from.

Reaction Score
I get tired of liars. You are the only person in the world who would say that we outscored VPI in our bowls but it doesn't count because we didn't have an offensive touchdown. Seriously, find me one other person who thinks 13 is better than 20 depending on where it came from.

I'll take up that challenge, 13 is better 20 if scored by UConns opponent. Just sayin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom