UCF postgame | The Boneyard

UCF postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts on the game today:

- Another solid defensive effort. Particularly Crystal & Mikayla bird dogging Kay Kay Wright.
- I watched Ionescu last night, and she is truly a great player, but Pheesa deserves the NPOY.
- For the most part, UCF was on their best behavior. However, I was a little concerned after Megan got smacked in the nose during the 1st minute of the game.
- Not sure if I would be celebrating like UCF’s bench if I was getting beaten by 20+.
- Time for our Huskies to go Dancing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yeah what was up with that??

And what did Geno say to Abrahamson in the handshake line?
Who knows on the bench. As for Geno's comment to Coach Abe, he was pissed that after he subs out his starters up 20+, with less than a minute in the game, UCF tries to trap Kyla. it move.

Reaction Score
I did not understand why ONO had to sit down after 3 fouls and was not allowed to enter the game again when UCF was scoring inside fairly easily.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Being a defensive bigot I like the dancing shoes that UCONN is heading into the tournament with. Against ECU ONO collected 17 rebounds and had 5 blocks.
Against USF Megan Walker emerged as an outstanding perimeter defender, often containing the PG and rotated down well enough to still collect 7 rebounds.
Against UCF tonight Christyn Williams was the best perimeter defender and rotated from the perimeter well enough to collect 6 rebounds-1/2 of which were offensive.
Coming out of the Louisville game the mantra was that the underclassmen needed to get better-THEY HAVE.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I did not understand why ONO had to sit down after 3 fouls and was not allowed to enter the game again when UCF was scoring inside fairly easily.
Because she wasn't needed? We were still up by about 20, right?

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Being a defensive bigot I like the dancing shoes that UCONN is heading into the tournament with. Against ECU ONO collected 17 rebounds and had 5 blocks.
Against USF Megan Walker emerged as an outstanding perimeter defender, often containing the PG and rotated down well enough to still collect 7 rebounds.
Against UCF tonight Christyn Williams was the best perimeter defender and rotated from the perimeter well enough to collect 6 rebounds-1/2 of which were offensive.
Coming out of the Louisville game the mantra was that the underclassmen needed to get better-THEY HAVE.
And I would like to add that I have not liked the way that Mikayla plays BUT in this Tournament, she was a clampdown defender. Well done!!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not a good 2nd half for UConn. Seems like in the 4th Quarter, Geno was content to slow the game down, knowing UCF could not score enough points to make the game close. Slowing the game down affected the players as they started to stand around, which made the offense more difficult.

UCF likes to lead with Elbows.

Charlie Creme has UCF in the tournament and if they face a team that has not played a team that plays tough physical defense, they just might win a game. Don't think they score enough points to get into the 2nd weekend.

Reaction Score
What is a close line? I do not get that phrase. :confused:

1552353566061.png

Reaction Score
Why are the UConn players trying to go baseline from the wing all of the time? It is essentially another defender and I can recall 7 or 8 times in the last 3 games where the move ended up in a turnover. I don't recall seeing it as often in the regular season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Olivia makes a difference on defense.She doesn't have to block a shot just change it. She also rebounded very well. A couple of bogus foul calls.

Mikayla - WOW. She absolutely made Wright disappear. Wright had 4 points for the game!

Squeaks had a game. 2 blocks, a couple of steals & 13 points. 5 turnovers were not good.

Phee was UNREAL. She's my NPOY.

As to UCF - very disappointed in their bench behavior. No class. The trap of Kyla by the UCF starters was bush league. Geno was pissed and rightly so. Coach Abe did not do herself any good in Geno's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom