UCF postgame thread | The Boneyard

UCF postgame thread

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno:

Funny comments about

Meg: First time Meg needed to be taken out to get a rest early in the game. She never played that hard to need rest before

Pheesa: I have never seen her need a bandaid. She has no blood. She is made up of wires

and not as funny but true

Crystal: She played a perfect game. Best game since she has been at UConn. 17 pts, 9 assists, 0 TO's etc but more important, how she managed the team. But he forgot to mention her block (which was textbook) and 5 rebounds (2 offensive).

He also praised her toughness and the evolution of her freshman year. Freshman yreat, every little thing set her back. Now, she never wants to come off the court, in games or practice,

Reaction Score
Agree! Great quotes!
He said that he challenged the team to think about the process that got them to this point, so that they could return to this point whenever they want to, not just have it happen randomly.
So deep to me! And the girls know that by saying that, he is totally acknowledging what they accomplished. Has to feel great!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We're gettin there. Saw alot of improvement. MW played aggressive, shot the ball much better and most importantly looked confident. Phessa looked like she did last season. Good fade away attacking the basket and making free throws. Lou was all over the place and doing every thing She is a complete player. CD played a great point.

Overall the pressure defense seemed to get our hearts goin. As a team we played suffocating defense and passed the ball like the ole UConn teams of the past. We didnt take alot of ill advised treys and did alot more dribble penetration. We still need to knock down a better percentage of our treys. KLS CD CW are cold from deep. From inside the arch they look good. IMO they should shoot more from closer in until they regain their form from deep.

I liked what I saw in the first half. When we stopped pressing we fell back into our comfort zone of shooting to many treys. It was fine with a big lead but when your cold from outside you've got to get closer to the basket and I wouldve liked to see that. The past two games our defense has looked great. We are looking better individually and as a team. When the treys start dropping we are going to be almost unbeatable. In the past years I have called UConn invincible. This season and right now we are not but we are a really really good team that isnt clicking on all cylinders yet. We will.

Thursday is LVille down there. I expect a double digit will.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know about the rest of you, but every once and a while there is a play which is unique and worth 2 hours in a seat. Mine came with the end of the first have, inbounds by Danger to Lou, "tip" pass right back and layup buzzer beater. Just plain fun.

Reaction Score
It seems like someone out there has a voodoo doll on KLS and every time that she takes a three shot someone sticks a pin in the doll. We need to get a counter curse like the guy in "Major League" the movie.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Interesting tattoo location:

1548691699922.png

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The other obvious evolution that is going unnoticed is how prepared “our” players are in handling press questions either before games or postgame. Think about how CD handled or answers questions when she was a freshman vs. now, not only is she more polished, her thoughts are deeper and more insightful as she has learned more about the games and what is needed. Meg has improved in this area as well, though note quite the finished product KLS, Pheesa or CD are.

As TonyC said above, they are showing the season evolution steps necessary to be a NC.

BTW, did Coach Abe do a presser and can anyone post it? I would love to hear her comments.

Reaction Score
I don't know about the rest of you, but every once and a while there is a play which is unique and worth 2 hours in a seat. Mine came with the end of the first have, inbounds by Danger to Lou, "tip" pass right back and layup buzzer beater. Just plain fun.

Amazing thing for me was that this was a totally spur of the moment, unpracticed play. Way cool.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Amazing thing for me was that this was a totally spur of the moment, unpracticed play. Way cool.
Nonsense -- you can bet that it was rehearsed for just that situation, an inbounds play with minimal time on either the shot clock or the game clock. Certainly, if Crystal saw that the defense was configured to take away that particular play, there would have been an Option B, but I am reasonably sure that was Option A.

It may have been something that the coaches saw on film about how UCF normally defends inbounds plays.

Reaction Score
That was super.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Nonsense -- you can bet that it was rehearsed for just that situation, an inbounds play with minimal time on either the shot clock or the game clock. Certainly, if Crystal saw that the defense was configured to take away that particular play, there would have been an Option B, but I am reasonably sure that was Option A.

It may have been something that the coaches saw on film about how UCF normally defends inbounds plays.
GO and watch CDs post game presser, she said it was unscripted....

Reaction Score
While "Basketball IQ" has gotten to be an overused cliché, this was a true example.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Hate to ruin it for you, but it was carefully planned.

“Me and Lou were on the same page about it,” Dangerfield said. “Before, she was like, ‘Throw the ball.’ … That was a good play.”

Added Samuelson: “Once she took it out, we saw that there was no one on her. So she just said, ‘Right to me, right back.’”

'Course it took all of a second to "plan" it. :D

UConn women dial up the intensity in rout of UCF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom