OT: - UCF. LSU game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: UCF. LSU game

Reaction Score
If this result holds -- undefeated UCF getting beaten soundly by a 3-loss team that didn't even sniff playoff consideration -- it's hard to see any G5 school getting into a 4-team playoff in the near future.

Reaction Score
If this result holds -- undefeated UCF getting beaten soundly by a 3-loss team that didn't even sniff playoff consideration -- it's hard to see any G5 school getting into a 4-team playoff in the near future.
The one thing about this LSU team that has to be looked at...they soundly beat a UGA team that some people said should have been in CFP over ND. The 7 OT loss to A&M hurt them more than anything

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Losing to LSU is not a bad thing but the way CFU has conducted themselves is a bit disappointing
I agree that the media has dumped on them but UCF needs to prove themselves with winning a game like this

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I see your point but, hey it's their day, give it to them. They are racking up the personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties though. Lol

That big one after the sack was ridiculous.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
LSU lost to Florida on some real questionable calls, lost to #22 Texas A&M in 7 OTs where there were numerous bad calls and only legit loss was to Alabama
LSU - even missing a ton of its starters are a legit team but UCF has hurt themselves real badly in this game

Reaction Score
LSU lost to Florida on some real questionable calls, lost to #22 Texas A&M in 7 OTs where there were numerous bad calls and only legit loss was to Alabama
LSU - even missing a ton of its starters are a legit team but UCF has hurt themselves real badly in this game
Not only are they missing starters, they only have one good pair of headphones left.

Reaction Score
I'd still rather have a healthy Mackenzie Milton on my team than any of them.;)
I don't know...Greedy Williams is the number one ranked CB prospect in the upcoming NFL draft...the kid is long (6'3") and can fly!! At the end of the day this has been a very good game...would it be better if Milton was on the field for UCF and all the starters were there for LSU...yup 100%. Would that mean a UCF run away victory..not in the least!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know...Greedy Williams is the number one ranked CB prospect in the upcoming NFL draft...the kid is long (6'3") and can fly!! At the end of the day this has been a very good game...would it be better if Milton was on the field for UCF and all the starters were there for LSU...yup 100%. Would that mean a UCF run away victory..not in the least!

It would certainly be a more competitive game with Milton.

There have been moments when I actually thought Chandler Whitmer had better pocket awareness than Mack.

Reaction Score

I get a kick out of the fact that there's a guy named Greedy who's bailing on his teammates and sitting this one out to avoid hurting his draft stock.

When players do this, what are they concerned about? Injury? Or getting exposed against top competition?

the Q

Reaction Score
I get a kick out of the fact that there's a guy named Greedy who's bailing on his teammates and sitting this one out to avoid hurting his draft stock.

When players do this, what are they concerned about? Injury? Or getting exposed against top competition?

Injury.

Notre Dame lb a few years ago lost 8 figures with one of the worst knee injuries you’ll see in the fiesta bowl (non playoff game)

Reaction Score
Injury.

Notre Dame lb a few years ago lost 8 figures with one of the worst knee injuries you’ll see in the fiesta bowl (non playoff game)

Jaylon Smith. Had terrible nerve damage.

Has been playing lights out this year though. A real good story.
Unknown.jpg

Reaction Score
Probably the best Bowl game I have watched yet. It’s too bad that between Milton and all the kids from LSU missed the game. It would have been that much better! IMHO these 2 teams were both better than the ND team that showed up to play Clemson.

Reaction Score
Dang...the Bayou Bengals lost a lot of defensive players for the bowl...

Why?

Reaction Score
College football is the only sport where you can go undefeated in the regular season and not have a chance to play for a championship. I dont care what happened today. The system is broken, and its unbelievable that all these highly educated people that make big $$$ to make these decisions just sit there and allow it to happen.

Reaction Score
College football is the only sport where you can go undefeated in the regular season and not have a chance to play for a championship. I dont care what happened today. The system is broken, and its unbelievable that all these highly educated people that make big $$$ to make these decisions just sit there and allow it to happen.
If UCF wants a shot to play for a meaningful championship, they have to schedule big games out of conference. Easier said than done, but in the current state of things it’s the way it is.

An 8 team playoff is probably the better way to go.

the Q

Reaction Score
If UCF wants a shot to play for a meaningful championship, they have to schedule big games out of conference. Easier said than done, but in the current state of things it’s the way it is.

An 8 team playoff is probably the better way to go.

Florida proved that these guys are ducking them. Offering totally ridiculous offers while turning down reasonable ones

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Let's not pretend that the QB is not the most important position on the field. If Mack hits on just some of his throws, UCF wins fairly comfortably. 78 passing yards? I don't think Milton has had a game in the last 2 years where he hasn't thrown for 78 passing yards...in 1 quarter.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I almost didn't mind them not playing for the title this year. Kind of like the Kenyon Martin/Cincy deal in hoops awhile back where his injury cost them a couple of seed lines. Not the same team w/o Milton. Would've been slaughtered by Bama or Clemson with Mack at the helm. Not that Milton would've meant a win vs either of those two. As it was it's arguable that Murray was/is a better QB than Tua, and Oklahoma still lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom