UCF Is Hot Garbage | The Boneyard

UCF Is Hot Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter that they won. That is a terrible team to lose to.

Reaction Score

I mean, they have a tough savvy PG who can finish in the paint, a PF who can drop 3's and rebound, and a bunch of tough athletic swingmen. That looks to me like a pretty good Mid-Major team.

Not sure what you were wathcing.

zls44

Reaction Score
I mean, they have a tough savvy PG who can finish in the paint, a PF who can drop 3's and rebound, and a bunch of tough athletic swingmen. That looks to me like a pretty good Mid-Major team.

Not sure what you were wathcing.

They had that last year and self-combusted. They were getting run out of the gym for the first 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
They beat our butts today... IMO, this happened due to the fact that we need Boatright in the backcourt... One day too late IMO... the zone killed us too... we currently don't have the 2 guards with PG abilities we normally have...

Reaction Score
Good time to bash a team that just beat us.

They go on a 2nd half run and we're completely clueless as to how to stop it. That and our early season play pretty much suggests we're far from being the 4th best team in the country right now.

Reaction Score
They had that last year and self-combusted. They were getting run out of the gym for the first 30 minutes.

They were hardly getting run out of the gym, we went up 17 with 15 to go and they kept their composure, battled hard, and methodically wore us down. They used possessions wisely, they attacked the rim, they locked us up on defense.
That is a pretty good team.

Reaction Score
No they aren't. They are hoping to make the NIT.

you are being emotional. And BTW, if a team from their conference makes the NIT, that's a good mid-major team.

At the very least they are not, as you say " hot garbage".

zls44

Reaction Score
you are being emotional. And BTW, if a team from their conference makes the NIT, that's a good mid-major team.

At the very least they are not, as you say " hot garbage".

I'm not being emotional, I'm being rational. UConn being incompetent against a zone had very little do with anything UCF actually did.

All they did was stand 4 feet away from Lamb/Napier and wait for them to dribble into them. That's not good defense, that's the other team being incompetent.

Reaction Score
In C-USA, UCF can steal a bid against a talented but so-so Memphis team... Plus they did start off like 12-0 before they're season took a major turn for the worse. I'm sure they learned from that experience and might be even better, just like we'll hopefully learn from this experience and get better.

Reaction Score
Same team that lost by 20 to FSU though.We should of beat them and played harder when we were up 17 instead of 3 consecutive turnovers by Napier.

Reaction Score
I'm not being emotional, I'm being rational. UConn being incompetent against a zone had very little do with anything UCF actually did.

All they did was stand 4 feet away from Lamb/Napier and wait for them to dribble into them. That's not good defense, that's the other team being incompetent.

Exactly.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what UCF does tomorrow. If they win the tournament it could be a sign that they are a contender for the NCAA tournament.

zls44

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what UCF does tomorrow. If they win the tournament it could be a sign that they are a contender for the NCAA tournament.

I hope they win it and make me look wrong. I just doubt it.

Reaction Score
UCF is a good team, not a great team though. We out rebounded them on the offensive glass, had more possessions and a better overall field goal percentage, a bunch of blocked shots and i think about ten turnovers. That's usually enough to win a game. However we didn't make threes or free throws that well and they did. Both lamb and napier had a pretty bad second half and they decided to have their worst game of the season together. Despite a poor performance by our two guards we did what you're supposed to do to win but the other guys made the shots they had to. That is to say, whether or not ucf is garbage I'm not particularly worried about the rest of the season just disappointed at this loss.

Reaction Score
Was pretty sick of hearing about the Jordan's...too much airtime for the baby's mama as well. As for the actual team it's whatever their ok i guess. They were good enough today.

Reaction Score
They were hardly getting run out of the gym, we went up 17 with 15 to go and they kept their composure, battled hard, and methodically wore us down. They used possessions wisely, they attacked the rim, they locked us up on defense.
That is a pretty good team.

Disagree. Every single game this season I've heard about how "scrappy" the other team is playing, and how they "don't give up" and "keep composure". The one constant: UConn letting their foot off the gas. FSU beat that team by nearly 30. Freakin NC State beat them by double digits.

Reaction Score
they beat UConn today....how can u say they're hot garbage? if they suck, that makes the loss all the more bad. if any team was hot garbage today, i think most rational people would say it was UConn

Reaction Score
they beat UConn today....how can u say they're hot garbage? if they suck, that makes the loss all the more bad. if any team was hot garbage today, i think most rational people would say it was UConn

What the heck is wrong with pointing out that we lost to a bad team? We did.

Reaction Score
I agree it was a bad loss, but I wouldn't say UCF is garbage. UCF is an average mid major, but UConn should not have let that game go. I think it was a combination of UCF playing well and UConn playing terrible in the second half. I also wouldn't say UConn is garbage (or not a good team), UConn will be a very good team as the season goes on and should improve a lot with the addition of Boatright. Boatright will give Napier and Lamb a rest and also provide the team with another player that can penetrate and create shots for himself and others, cause at the moment not only are Lamb and Napier tired but they are currently the only two that can handle the ball and create plays. Also AD will continue to improve and become very good and I think you will see Boatright/Lamb/Napier (with AD and AO down low) in the lineup at the same time for stretches which should make it almost impossible for any other team to guard.

Reaction Score
What the heck is wrong with pointing out that we lost to a bad team? We did.
We definitely lost to a team we should have beat, and a team that is inferior talent wise. You have to understand that a lot of people on this board worship UConn basketball and don't want to face the facts that we lost to a team inferior to us.

Reaction Score
We definitely lost to a team we should have beat, and a team that is inferior talent wise. You have to understand that a lot of people on this board worship UConn basketball and don't want to face the facts that we lost to a team inferior to us.

You want facts? Here's one -- you're an @hole.

Reaction Score

WTF are you talking about? Everyone knows the Huskies lost to an inferior team. From the loss one can think UCF is a pretty good team with NCAA dreams or an NIT team at best, that's okay it's a basketball board. I believe they're okay but cannot tell if they could win against anyone else in the Top 25. The Huskies handed them the game, became inept on both ends and played NBA-like defense the last 10 minutes. It was embarrassing watching this team with those uniforms on quite honestly as our kids became matadors vs. players of unequal ability. It happens they're young but you and your worship crap is old! Take a hike pal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom