UCF Adding Lazy River, Mini Golf To Practice Facility | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF Adding Lazy River, Mini Golf To Practice Facility

Reaction Score
Umm, before we all get into high dudgeon about this, may I take a moment to remind folks WHERE UCF is located--Orlando Florida.

If they don't have these things then people wanting them (and you may be surprised how much the average 18 yr old who has come from colder climates to play football might enjoy them) then the kids will end up going off campus to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Wet n Wild, Fantasia Gardens mini golf or (insert name of water park or miniature golf place here). It's unrealistic to expect kids who have just moved to Orlando not to want these things. Far better (from UCF's perspective) to have them on campus so you know where your players are.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UCF lands $2 million donation for athletics village

Longtime UCF donor Tony Nicholson said his latest $2 million donation to the Knights’ athletics department was a no-brainer.

Tony and Sonya Nicholson were the original donors for the Nicholson Fieldhouse, the first indoor practice facility for a college football team in the state of Florida.

Tony Nicholson was approached by UCF athletics director Danny White about donating again to upgrade the fieldhouse and the area surrounding it.

“Danny White and the athletic department are terrific,” Nicholson told the Orlando Sentinel. “He’s done the best job recruiting coaches, lining up great games. Our basketball team is not only top in our conference, but I think it’s one of the top teams in the nation. And I think our football team is really underrated.”

Nicholson said the fieldhouse will be getting new lighting, a cooling system and new signs. The sidewalk between the football offices and the fieldhouse will be turned into a new covered pavilion.

“I fell for it hook, line and sinker,” he said of the pitch asking to fund the renovation.

Nicholson was a successful Orlando businessman who had no affiliation to UCF until he was encouraged to help fund the construction of a communication-school building 28 years ago.

White continues to pull in donors for the Kenneth G. Dixon Athletic Village, which he has touted as a critical way to help UCF compete on the national stage despite taking home a share of American Athletic Conference revenue that lags far behind the schools in Power 5 conferences.

“On behalf of our student-athletes and our entire athletic department, our most sincere thanks go to Tony and Sonja Nicholson for their amazing generosity, not only for this gift but for all their support of the Knights over the years,” White said in a news release. “This gift will benefit our programs immeasurably and will help us continue to deliver an exceptional student-athlete experience at UCF and pursue our goal of being a top 25 intercollegiate athletics program. We’re grateful that Tony and Sonja believe in the vision of UCF Athletics and are committed to helping us continue to grow.”

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
“Danny White and the athletic department are terrific,” Nicholson told the Orlando Sentinel. “He’s done the best job recruiting coaches, lining up great games. Our basketball team is not only top in our conference, but I think it’s one of the top teams in the nation. And I think our football team is really underrated.”

What?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom