UC vs UCF - pleasant surprise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UC vs UCF - pleasant surprise

Reaction Score
One would think the UCF. Coach would teach the fundamentals of basketball instead of cage fighting. She is a terrible coach. Where is UCF in the AAC ranking.

I disagree vehemently with how she teaches her players, but she is a very successful coach. Before UCF, she had a very successful program at U Albany; one of the announcers said that the team has a very high RPI. In the foreseeable future, they will be the second best team in the league.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It really isn't good for you, or anyone. The Mods are looking out for you. Or the program gremlins.
Unfortunately I can't Inbox anyone either. I tried changing my account and going over my account details with a fine toothed comb. Nothing. So, c'est la vie.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I access the chat room on my phone. Have you tried that? :eek:
I have a Nook which I walk around town with. Nada. Same issues.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I can't Inbox anyone either. I tried changing my account and going over my account details with a fine toothed comb. Nothing. So, c'est la vie.
Try it now

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My angel! Suddenly that Gordian Knot has been hacked. Thank you Queen Admin.

Now, this long distance hug is platonic, but enthusiastic. What was this long nagging issue?
Just a switch that needed to be flipped

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I disagree vehemently with how she teaches her players, but she is a very successful coach. Before UCF, she had a very successful program at U Albany; one of the announcers said that the team has a very high RPI. In the foreseeable future, they will be the second best team in the league.

Yall any relation?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My angel! Suddenly that Gordian Knot has been hacked. Thank you Queen Admin.

Now, this long distance hug is platonic, but enthusiastic. What was this long nagging issue?

Welcome back to the fold. :D

Reaction Score
When you don't have the talent of a UConn you play like UCF did today.

Disagree many teams don’t have the talent that UConn has but dont play that way. That is lazy coaching easier to have a bunch of smart kids play dirty games. I refuse to call it basketball. Some day they are going to seriously hurt a player and then there will hell to pay. I really hope the uCF AD reins her in. If not then hopefully the AAC Comissioner

Reaction Score
UCF ranks #241 (3rd quartile) in the nation with an average of 18.4 fouls per game.

This stat ranges from #1 UConn (11.9 fpg) to #349 Sam Houston St (24.0 fpg).

In the AAC, Houston is the most foul-prone team (19.3 fpg).

Power 5 teams that average more fouls per game than UCF:
Nebraska (18.6), Arizona (18.7), Pitt (18.8), Tennessee (19.0), Rutgers (19.0), Georgia Tech (19.6), Boston College (19.7), Kansas (19.8), Ole Miss (19.8), Oklahoma (20.0).

There are fouls like hand checks or bumps going to the basket etc and then there are black eye fouls, knock down fouls that UCF inflicks. On purpose fouls. Maybe UConn should threaten to refuse to play them at all.
Nan I don’t know how you can sit thru games like that.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Be careful. Switches work both ways!
Not the ones I had to get from the yard so my parents could institute a little behavioral course correction.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Disagree many teams don’t have the talent that UConn has but dont play that way. That is lazy coaching easier to have a bunch of smart kids play dirty games. I refuse to call it basketball. Some day they are going to seriously hurt a player and then there will hell to pay. I really hope the uCF AD reins her in. If not then hopefully the AAC Comissioner

I agree. A team can play physical without the behavior we saw yesterday. One shot to the face is one too many. There is no excuse for that type of behavior. Its on the coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom