U19 World Cup USA vs Spain Friday 2:30 PM | The Boneyard

U19 World Cup USA vs Spain Friday 2:30 PM

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
This should be USA's toughest game so far in the tournament.

Spain has a 3-1 Won Loss Record losing a close game to France.

USA should win by Double Digits.

Other Quarter Final Games are

Hugnary vs Czech Repub. Winner faces USA/Spain Winner in the Semi-Finals.
Canada vs Australia
Russia vs Mali. We'll find out how good Mali is.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please read the post tacked to the top of the board. No game threads are allowed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
When anyone gets the youtube link to the game, it would be great to post it here. Thank you!!!!

Reaction Score
USA has multiple "B" teams, I believe the "A" team has been on
the court together , maybe , 20 % of the time. So... Cori Close
keeping her full game plan hidden??. USA will need their top
8 players play 90 % of this game????. Maybe?... I hope for another blow
out and have everyone get some game time! : Go Azzi, Go Amari!: USA 85 Spain 65. Rest those legs, 3 games in three days!!
Also = Russia over Mali, a squeaker of Australia over Canada ( a down
game for Canada after the big win over France ). Czech Republic
over Hungary. Somewhere there is still a dark horse out there, let
the games continue!!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Please explain to me what a game thread is? No game threads means nothing to me if I don't know what you are talking about.
Thanks for answering my question so understand what the problem is.
A game thread is a thread in which real-time comments about a game in progress are posted.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Please explain to me what a game thread is? No game threads means nothing to me if I don't know what you are talking about.
Thanks for answering my question so understand what the problem is.
A “game thread” is comments or play by play opinions on live games. See Nan’s directive on hosting or participating in a game thread. We have designated chat rooms for that.

A chat room is always open to all comers during every UConn WBB game. You can start one for Iowa games if you like. I’ll bet you can’t do that on any other board. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A “game thread” is comments or play by play opinions on live games. See Nan’s directive on hosting or participating in a game thread. We have designated chat rooms for that.

A chat room is always open to all comers during every UConn WBB game. You can start one for Iowa games if you like. I’ll bet you can’t do that on any other board. :D

Thanks for explaining the term " game thread " to me. Now I know what it means. I really enjoy all the knowledge that is shared on this site. I have learned a lot about women's basketball here.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thank you for taking the time to explain to me what a game thread is. I appreciate learning new things.
Just FYI - the reason game threads are banned from the board is that emotions run high during close games and people can't seem to keep from posting nasty comments or comments derogatory about players. Easier for the mods to just ban them.

The same can happen during the chats, but they disappear.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks for explaining the term " game thread " to me. Now I know what it means. I really enjoy all the knowledge that is shared on this site. I have learned a lot about women's basketball here.
You’re welcome. Wait until the season starts. That’s when the fun really begins. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Just FYI - the reason game threads are banned from the board is that emotions run high during close games and people can't seem to keep from posting nasty comments or comments derogatory about players. Easier for the mods to just ban them.

Agreed. Especially in tight ball games. It can get a little “randy” in there. I’m in the chat room for every game, but it’s not for everyone. :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

That isn’t the only reason but it’s the most important. This is a permanent ban on in-game threads, per the site owner.

The chat room has multiple rooms available if there are several games being played at the same time and is free to all users.

Reaction Score
Wow, Mali may be for real--they just knocked off Russia 69-47. They are undefeated in the tournament.
Game Link:

Australia defeats Canada 72-61

Not undefeated - they forfeited their opening game against the Czech Republic, but I haven't been able to find out why.

Reaction Score
Russia only scored 47 points. They shot 25% from the field (vs. 35% for Mali), 16% from 3 and turned the ball over 20 times (vs. 7 for Mali).

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Wow, Mali may be for real--they just knocked off Russia 69-47. They are undefeated in the tournament.
Game Link:

Australia defeats Canada 72-61

Mali was up 45-43 after 3, so they killed Russia in the 4th.

Interesting play by Mali player (#2). Russia shooting FT's with 17 seconds left in 3rd qtr. Instead of boxing out the Russian player after the FT, she(#2) blocked her down with a football offensive linemen block. She gets called for a foul, and goes to the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom