U19 USA vs Hungary 11:30 AM | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U19 USA vs Hungary 11:30 AM

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Ditto, when will Sonia Citron gets credible playing time
at N.D. ??

Coach Ivey of ND is on record as saying that Citron reminds her of Jackie Young, with her ability to do a lot of everything. Based on what I've seen, that translates into playing her at wing (the 3), which would allow her to work both in- and outside the paint.

6'3" Maddy Westbeld owns the 4 slot for ND and returning (but unplayed) 6'5" sophomore Nat Marshall and Stanford grad transfer, Maya Dodson will probably share the center role.

As for, "will she play?" hopefully early and often, just like Westbeld.

Reaction Score
I went there as it seemed to indicate that the box score would be there, but I can't find it. Can you tell me what to click? Thanks....
Go to FIBA women's U19
Then go to the USA team.
You should see the first screen shot. Hit the 75-42 score.
That should take you to the second screen shot.
From the second screen shot
hit "overview". That will produce a drop down list that will include
BOXSCORE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-184610_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-184610_Chrome.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20210814-184534_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-184534_Chrome.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 100
Reaction Score
I went there as it seemed to indicate that the box score would be there, but I can't find it. Can you tell me what to click? Thanks....

Reaction Score
This is the first game I watched out of the tournament and man Amari just seems like the walking dead out there geno is going to have to shake her a little bit to get some life into her.
I noticed that she and Jersey weren't playing in their natural (accustomed) positions on both ends. Amari was being drawn out on defense. Jersey plays guard, but I don't see that happening at the next level. They aren't dead. They are learning.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Betts is smart enough to go to Stanford and yet hasn't learned to keep the ball above her head and not bring it down.Resulted in at least two jump balls today
Tara will ensure she knocks that off real fast, because there will be more than enough big depth ahead of her between Brink, Prechtel, Belibi and Iriafen, if she doesn't. Tara, much like Geno, is famously quick to pull underclassmen that keep making the same stupid mistake more than once.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coach Ivey of ND is on record as saying that Citron reminds her of Jackie Young, with her ability to do a lot of everything. Based on what I've seen, that translates into playing her at wing (the 3), which would allow her to work both in- and outside the paint.

6'3" Maddy Westbeld owns the 4 slot for ND and returning (but unplayed) 6'5" sophomore Nat Marshall and Stanford grad transfer, Maya Dodson will probably share the center role.

As for, "will she play?" hopefully early and often, just like Westbeld.
Citron is going to do well for ND fundamentally sound in all aspects of the game. The one thing that stands out both on defense and offense is that she is a ball magnet- meaning the balls finds her way too often for it to be a coincidence. When the ball finds her she always makes the right basketball play. Love coaching & watching kids like that because you don't have to run plays for them and at the end of the day they will always have done enough to beat you. Morgan Tuck, Kia Nurse, Kelly Faris & Sophomore Napheesa Collier where those kinds of players AKA-my favorites.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Citron is going to do well for ND fundamentally sound in all aspects of the game. The one thing that stands out both on defense and offense is that she is a ball magnet- meaning the balls finds her way too often for it to be a coincidence. When the ball finds her she always makes the right basketball play. Love coaching & watching kids like that because you don't have to run plays for them and at the end of the day they will always have done enough to beat you. Morgan Tuck, Kia Nurse, Kelly Faris & Sophomore Napheesa Collier where those kinds of players AKA-my favorites.
and she is very confident. ND with her, Westbeld, Mabrey, Miles and others finding their way will be alot of fun to watch (and beat ;))

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
and she is very confident. ND with her, Westbeld, Mabrey, Miles and others finding their way will be alot of fun to watch (and beat ;))
Well, maybe the first year.... :D ;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Don't be surprised if Brunelle blossoms this season and becomes the player many thought she would be.

Reaction Score
Go to FIBA women's U19
Then go to the USA team.
You should see the first screen shot. Hit the 75-42 score.
That should take you to the second screen shot.
From the second screen shot
hit "overview". That will produce a drop down list that will include
BOXSCORE.
It shouldn’t be that difficult. That website is a horror show. If the designer was paid a euro, it was way too much.

Reaction Score
Has anyone thought about using VPN? Some browsers have it as a feature (Opera, Firefox). If you then choose Europe or any territory outside ESPN license, you should be able to get the full game as I did. I was late for it but am viewing it now using VPN set for Europe.

I only caught the award ceremonies live, than had to wait a bit for replay.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
But........this IS NOT that same team. None of the players that played in that 2019 game will play tomorrow. I remind you........................the best indication of future behavior is past behavior. No team in this tournament has come close to challenging team USA. THIS USA team beat this Aussie team 6 days ago by 40 points with nothing on the line.

This time, a gold medal is on the line. Don't you think team USA is going to give it EVERYTHING they've got? Head coach Cori Close will "unleash" her team and tell them to "Sic 'Em." This is the final game of the tournament. No reason to hold anything back. I'm doing a "Jim Fassel" on this game. I'm shoving ALL of my chips (including the farm) to the center of the table, I'm all in!!! :D

Pardon my French, but allow me to be blunt...................there's NO WAY in hell team USA loses tomorrow, regardless of who they play. ;)

I can’t take a lot of credit for calling this one. It was low hanging fruit. Team USA out classed the entire field. Team USA was too BIG, and had too many shooters for their opponents. I will take a victory lap though. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom