U19 USA vs Hungary 11:30 AM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U19 USA vs Hungary 11:30 AM

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Australia up 31-24 at the half.
A quick reminder.....back on August 8, team USA beat the brakes off of the Aussies by 40 points.

1628968821479.png

Reaction Score
Betts is a superstar and gonna be one of the best wcbb in history! The way she just has a feel for the game feels effortless for her. I don't get wow'ed that easily but she really is dominant. Her and Brink are gonna be a nightmare for seasons to come

Reaction Score
USA advances to the gold medal game tomorrow at 17:30 (GMT+2) against the winner of the Australia / Mali game later today.
Carnac steps out on a limb with a bold prediction............team USA wins this one BIG, regardless of who the opponent is. :D

U19 Brackets
I believe the final is at 20:30 their time. They are GMT +2.
Eastern time is GMT -4, so a total time difference of -6 hours.
Ipso facto, the finals should start at 2:30 (14:30) pm tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-153816_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-153816_Chrome.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 102

Carnac

Reaction Score
They did the same thing in 2019 and the final went to OT
But........this IS NOT that same team. None of the players that played in that 2019 game will play tomorrow. I remind you........................the best indication of future behavior is past behavior. No team in this tournament has come close to challenging team USA. THIS USA team beat this Aussie team 6 days ago by 40 points with nothing on the line.

This time, a gold medal is on the line. Don't you think team USA is going to give it EVERYTHING they've got? Head coach Cori Close will "unleash" her team and tell them to "Sic 'Em." This is the final game of the tournament. No reason to hold anything back. I'm doing a "Jim Fassel" on this game. I'm shoving ALL of my chips (including the farm) to the center of the table, I'm all in!!! :D

Pardon my French, but allow me to be blunt...................there's NO WAY in hell team USA loses tomorrow, regardless of who they play. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But........this IS NOT that same team. I remind you........................the best indication of future behavior is past behavior. No team in this tournament has come close to challenging this team. THIS USA team beat this Aussie team 6 days ago by 40 points with nothing on the line. This time, a gold medal is on the line. Don't you think team USA is going to give it EVERYTHING they've got? This is the final game of the tournament. No reason to hold anything back. I'm doing a "Jim Fassel" on this game. I'm shoving ALL of my chips to the center of the table, I'm all in!!! :D

inthink USA will thrash them, just stating what happened in 2019.

PvP

Reaction Score
Has anyone found access to today's box score? I can't seem to find it.....

Carnac

Reaction Score
I believe the final is at 20:30 their time. They are GMT +2.
Eastern time is GMT -4, so a total time difference of -6 hours.
Ipso facto, the finals should start at 2:30 (14:30) pm tomorrow.
Thanks rvwsleep. I never could translate GMT plus/minus time into "our" time.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes, here it is:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mali had their chances. Went on a big run early in 4Q and took a 3-point lead, but Australia, despite serious foul trouble, responded with an even bigger run of their own and never looked back. In the end, Australia was able to hit some big shots but Mali just could not hit anything from outside.

Jade Melbourne and Nyadlew Puoch for Australia were the difference-makers.
Sika Kone for Mali had 15 points and 19 rebounds.

Reaction Score
While we will win tomorrow I think it will be by 20 to 25. If only Mali could shoot!
Mali lost to Australia 62-50.
Mali's offense resembled the old Tennessee offense. Throw the ball at the rim and send everyone in to rebound.
They were 6 of 36 from 3.
You're not going to win many games shooting like that against decent opposition.

Reaction Score
FWIW.
ESPN+ Lists tomorrow's final as a 2:20 pm (Eastern) start.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-164505_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-164505_ESPN.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 102

PvP

Reaction Score
I went there as it seemed to indicate that the box score would be there, but I can't find it. Can you tell me what to click? Thanks....

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Only watched the US/Hungary highlights, but enjoyed the commentary.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I went there as it seemed to indicate that the box score would be there, but I can't find it. Can you tell me what to click? Thanks....
Click on the game box USA vs Hungary , then box score icon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mali had their chances. Went on a big run early in 4Q and took a 3-point lead, but Australia, despite serious foul trouble, responded with an even bigger run of their own and never looked back. In the end, Australia was able to hit some big shots but Mali just could not hit anything from outside.

Jade Melbourne and Nyadlew Puoch for Australia were the difference-makers.
Sika Kone for Mali had 15 points and 19 rebounds.
Must be the rebounding Kone!

Carnac

Reaction Score
While we will win tomorrow I think it will be by 20 to 25. If only Mali could shoot!
I would have rather played Mali. Australia already had their bite of the apple. :confused: It’s a good bet team Australia won’t sleep well tonight.

Reaction Score
I'm not excusing for Amari !!. I'll have to accept your representation of her body language on the court. I have not seen the game yet.
It's possible that Amari has accepted the fact that she is on the end of the bench on this team, and only getting garbage minutes. If she's not playing with any energy, I hope that's not the reason.

It was reported that she made the final cut by default only after players in front of her opted out prior to the final roster selection. I'm going to reserve any predictions about her ability to play with her UConn teammates until at least 5-6 games into the season. That should be a large enough sample size for us to get a good look at her, and form an opinion as to how Geno might use her this season.

It is understood that she needs some work in several areas. No doubt those deficiencies will be addressed and worked on this season. I expect Amari to push ONO and be pushed everyday in practice this season. I'm looking for 19 year old sophomore Amari to return ready to play by making a BIG sophomore leap, with a stronger body, with a renewed (more resolve) mental approach. I'm looking for Amari to take over for ONO next year after she graduates.
HELLO, Interesting that the FIBA listing of positions include two for
USA CENTER = BETTS and Amari DeBerry. Did Coach Close " pencil
her in " as a center? The other " bigs" for Team USA are all under the
title of " forward". I will also be interested where Wolfenbarger ends up
playing at Arkansas; Ditto, when will Sonia Citron gets credible playing time
at N.D. ??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads