U19 USA vs Chineese Taipei 11 AM Wednesday. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U19 USA vs Chineese Taipei 11 AM Wednesday.

Reaction Score
WiseOne, your comment is noted and understood. However, it should not be the deciding factor on whether or not to continue to blow that incessant horn. That sir is an extremely poor position to take when arguing/debating that point. That position would suggest that the wishes and whims of the USA players and their parents should take priority over the comfort and respect of the other fans in attendance.

What about the hundreds of other spectators that find the horn obtrusive, and would prefer not to hear it? It’s unfortunate that arena operations personnel (ushers) did not ask him (politely) to stop blowing the horn, and not bring it into the arena. Are the games being put on for the enjoyment of all, or just the players and parents of team USA? :eek:

Since it’s only a few games I don’t see anything wrong with it. If it’s for UCONN games then I would have to rethink it lol. Right now I see it as loud summer fun!

Reaction Score
Maybe someone who has seen Azzi play in HS games can weigh in on the horn issue. That might give us a clue as to the probability for horn action at UConn games. Milford, was the Fudd horn heard at any of Azzi's HS games you attended?
I might be wrong but I thought her father was on the bench of her HS games. Anyhow, a HS game can’t give you a clue on college arenas noise maker regulations.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what Jewell Spear, after a very good first game against Italy, has not played since then? Injury? Illness? Left the team?
My same thought. She was very HOT from three point land!

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I think the horn is fair play in international games. I swear I've heard it in other games where Azzi wasn't playing.

Reaction Score
WiseOne, your comment is noted and understood. However, it should not be the deciding factor on whether or not to continue to blow that incessant horn. That sir is an extremely poor position to take when arguing/debating that point. That position would suggest that the wishes and whims of the USA players and their parents should take priority over the comfort and respect of the other fans in attendance.

What about the hundreds of other spectators that find the horn obtrusive, and would prefer not to hear it? It’s unfortunate that arena operations personnel (ushers) did not ask him (politely) to stop blowing the horn, and not bring it into the arena. Are the games being put on for the enjoyment of all, or just the players and parents of team USA? :eek:
Well stated

Reaction Score
Since it’s only a few games I don’t see anything wrong with it. If it’s for UCONN games then I would have to rethink it lol. Right now I see it as loud summer fun!
Please be willing to admit that you are not in the arena.

Reaction Score
Haven't watched the games, but the stats show that Amari DeBerry has played the fewest minutes per game, and is averaging about 3 ppg. Anything going on? She's our big hope for the front line. Insights?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Haven't watched the games, but the stats show that Amari DeBerry has played the fewest minutes per game, and is averaging about 3 ppg. Anything going on? She's our big hope for the front line. Insights?
DeBerry is behind Betts, Ware and Feagins. She is getting about equal time with Wohlfenbarger. DeBerry has shown some promise. She has good shooting mechanics, decent hands and a willing defender. She is behind some good players presently and that probably won't change when she returns to Storrs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
DeBerry is behind Betts, Ware and Feagins. She is getting about equal time with Wohlfenbarger. DeBerry has shown some promise. She has good shooting mechanics, decent hands and a willing defender. She is behind some good players presently and that probably won't change when she returns to Storrs.
The one thing I would add is that while Amari has room to develop, like most Bigs heading to college, she is most definitely not a “project.” Amari has genuine ability and a nice skill set that will certainly improve under Geno & Jamelle.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I might be wrong but I thought her father was on the bench of her HS games. Anyhow, a HS game can’t give you a clue on college arenas noise maker regulations.
Mdoggie is right. Tim was an Assistant Coach for SJC when Azzi played there. He was on the bench and not using an air horn. I too find the horn annoying, but maybe the international games would be too quiet otherwise. I do not expect to hear air horns at UConn games. I think the conditions on the tickets may expressly prohibit them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well at least we don't have to wonder if Azzi can hit 3's.
I’ve been watching Azzi for over 3.5 years. She’s as good a shooter as I’ve seen. She compares favorably with Kaleena, Maya, Lou, Diana, and Sue. As noted, her best shot is probably the pull-up jumper in the lane. Her touch is amazingly soft. I used to enjoy watching her shoot FTs to see if the ball hit the rim. I’d guess her FT shooting was: 8% misses, 42% hitting iron, 50% all net. One measure of a great player is how she makes difficult things look easy. Azzi makes shooting the basketball look easy.

Reaction Score
Be sure to mention, “Mr Fudd, Sir, I’m a big fan of Azzi…….Now about that horn of yours……..”
The HORN has been a fixture at most FIBA games I have watched on youtube. Yes, it is very annoying. The only place in the USA I have heard the HORN is at travelling softball big tourneys and nationals. There is always one team with what you would call overly enthusiastic parents with a HORN. Let's start a BAN the HORN blog!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom