U19 USA vs China 12 Noon Youtube Link | The Boneyard

U19 USA vs China 12 Noon Youtube Link

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Japan beat Hungary 68-59 Hungary scored 111 points against Mexico yesterday. There's a huge disparity between many of the teams in this tournament. It makes it difficult to forecast future games. Japan did beat Australia yesterday and I thought they might have an easier time against Hungary.

France plays Canada at 10 AM. This should be a good game between two medal contenders.

Besides the USA game, I'm also looking forward to watching Spain vs Russia later this afternoon.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada beat France 54 - 45 and the USA vs China game is about to start.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA out to an early lead 6-1 and appear to be significantly quicker then China. Getting easy layups by driving to the basket.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Crystal missed a wide open 3 point shot and what Geno would like, hurried back on defense and prevented a layup by China.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What's sad is the early games are Free. I always have wondered what marketing is done in the local area to boost attendance. It is Sunday in Italy, isn't it? :)

why are the stands always empty for these international games?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Shooting POORLY, but China is shooting Worse.
27% USA 16% China.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 28-10 after 1st quarter. USA's superior quickness taking a toll on China. They're unable to keep dribblers in front of them and USA getting easy layups.

Megan 4 points Crystal 6 points.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If you're the coach of China is there any defense you can play to counteract USA's quickness? If they don't do something they won't win. USA shooting poorly, yet winning by double digits. 33-10 USA leads.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads China 48-15 at the half. USA played a dominant 1st half of Basketball. Not much to complain about except for Free Throw Shooting and some of the younger players don't like to pass the ball and force shots. :) USA 10 for 17 on Free Throws.

Have to wonder if China saw the USA name on the Jersey

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Same reason they're empty for most college wbb games...
My reply is to support your observation- I find the group on this board to be fairly intelligent and astute, yet the concept that WBB is not mainstream is still elusive to most. We are fanatics and love the game and how beautiful it can be when played as a team. That is not the rest of the world. Particularly in Italy where I am sure this is prime time for Serie League soccer-comparable to our NFL.
So just enjoy the fact we can watch via video, note who moves the ball, who doesn't, assess the athleticism we see (and there is a lot of it!).
In this game I have been zoomed in on Megan Walker and I see either the best athlete or top 2 on this team. She is moving very well on both offense and defense and seems to be on taller players when defending. I like the ball movement for the most part by the whole team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Walker having a solid game - 9 points, 7 boards, 2 assists. Crystal doing what Crystal does/should - 11 points, 1 steal and 4 assists. The scoring for team USA is actually nicely spread out with 7 players with 6 points or more and no one with more than 11 at this time...

China playing much better in the 3rd - USA winning the quarter 25-23...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 73-38 end of 3rd quarter. China scored 23 points in 3rd qtr compared to 15 in 1st half. USA scored 25 points in 3rd quarter. USA played their younger players significant minutes in 3rd quarter. Offense and Defensive intensity not the same as 1st half. To be expected with the huge lead.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While Crystal and the Starters were in the Game, China scored 2 points. USA now going to their bench.

Reaction Score

Never understood that either...........there are so many youth teams out there I could never figure out why more of them don't go as a team to watch their local college team play..............

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA with a DOMINANT win over China 91-51.

Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

Thought China might be able to give USA a game for at least a half. However USA's Superior Quickness and Defense over whelmed China's Superior Size. USA player much better today then they did against Mali.

Crystal with 11 points and 4 Assists.
Megan 9 Points 7 Rebounds and 2 Assists.

Reaction Score
As some one so naive in the working for FanDom---What is the reason for no attendance for WBB games?
Same reason--implies you know the reason--besides the simple--no one shows up--but why don't they show up??

Reaction Score
W
USA with a DOMINANT win over China 91-51.

Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

Thought China might be able to give USA a game for at least a half. However USA's Superior Quickness and Defense over whelmed China's Superior Size. USA player much better today then they did against Mali.

Crystal with 11 points and 4 Assists.
Megan 9 Points 7 Rebounds and 2 Assists.

WBB Fan---thanks for posting this--and the stats..

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield looks very comfortable and very good leading Team USA. Imagine how good she'll look when her supporting cast includes Lou, Pheesa, Gabby, Azura, Kia, etc.

I've been impressed with Walker. The knock on her coming in to college has been her inefficient shooting and we're seeing some of that. Her shooting form looks good but shot selection is an issue. I expect efficiency to improve over time.

As the risk of sounding like Doris, her frame is college-ready. Her long arms allow her to play bigger and I expect she'll eventually be a disruptive force on defense. She's a willing and excellent rebounder and will be able to finish in traffic. Watching her play today has raised my excitement that she's a Husky.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield looks very comfortable and very good leading Team USA. Imagine how good she'll look when her supporting cast includes Lou, Pheesa, Gabby, Azura, Kia, etc.

I've been impressed with Walker. The knock on her coming in to college has been her inefficient shooting and we're seeing some of that. Her shooting form looks good but shot selection is an issue. I expect efficiency to improve over time.

As the risk of sounding like Doris, her frame is college-ready. Her long arms allow her to play bigger and I expect she'll eventually be a disruptive force on defense. She's a willing and excellent rebounder and will be able to finish in traffic. Watching her play today has raised my excitement that she's a Husky.

Was out and have not seen the game, but in Cat I trust. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom