U19 USA vs China 12 Noon Youtube Link | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U19 USA vs China 12 Noon Youtube Link

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Russia leading Spain at the half 37-23. Spain shooting 25% and some of their misses were within 5 feet of the basket.
Russia controlling the boards 31 Rebounds to 19 for Spain.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Russia leads 54-39 end of 3rd qtr. Russia will be a tough out for any team. They have 18 assists on their 21 made shots. At least one of their baskets that didn't have an assist was a put back off a rebound. Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

In this day of three point shooting Spain has only attempted 4 and made 0. Can't win unless they make some three point shots.

Reaction Score
Maybe the attendance will be a little better when USA plays the home team next.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Never understood that either.---..there are so many youth teams out there I could never figure out why more of them don't go as a team to watch their local college team play.---
Charlie- I like that idea and maybe this is where the more astute, marketing savvy schools who have motivated support groups could be employed. One observation though, most weekdays would be eliminated for theses programs. It's one thing for parents to takes the kid to the game from home-Univ-home, quite another to bring kid to central local location, take bus/van/car pool to game-back to local location for pickup after the game. Also on the weekends is when these programs play so it would require very motivated organizing leadership team.
Now for this FIBA tournament, they had time to organize that type of effort and attendance, you would think was a reason they were awarded this tournament to grow the game. Then again, FIBA is a European organization so who knows why this was awarded to Italy.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Russia easily beats Spain 77-58 They had a UConn like Stat 24 Assists on 29 made Baskets.

Russia won't let you get easy layups, they'll foul you before giving break away baskets.

All teams are off on Monday. USA plays Italy Tuesday at 2:45 PM.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
13 points, 15 rebounds for Vadeeva.

She needs an American education bad if you ask me.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Walker looked very good on two made jumpers, and even on a missed one off a screen. Love when she cuts and goes baseline like she did on that and-one basket, showing off her strength. When she moves without the ball, cuts, comes off curls...nearly unstoppable.

Dangerfield remains a special talent. Made two world class passes for assists, showed off her form on the pull-up jumper and three. Can be disruptive defensively when motivated.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And sad to say but Christyn Williams looks out of place, not really sure what to do out there. Perhaps that's just her youth.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I know the team hasn't played together, but they really need to play better. USA can't play like they did today against Russia, etc.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Russia is the team that has most impressed me so far. I've watched USA, Australia, France, Canada, Spain Italy China and Russia. They look like a team that have played together a long time and are extremely talented. However with that said, I wonder if they can handle the Quickness and the defensive pressure of team USA.

I would think Australia would also give them a battle as long as they were hitting their 3 point shots.

If the Brackets in the Medal Rounds work out, I would think it's USA vs Russia for the Gold Medal.

I know the team hasn't played together, but they really need to play better. USA can't play like they did today against Russia, etc.

Reaction Score
I watched a little of the game and Dangerfield was the best player on the floor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
13 points, 15 rebounds for Vadeeva.
She needs an American education bad if you ask me.
Slu Sadly I think the Russians are already committed to the professional route since they are playing club ball in Russia and have been for a while now. Vadeeva is good but Musina seems to have surpassed her recently.
Couple of other bigs to keep an eye on in this tournament is Magbegor from Australia was 2016 U17 FIFA MVP and Amihere of Canada led the same tournament in rebounding. Hopefully an American education (@ UCONN) is in one or both of there futures.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom