U19 trials Thursday through Sunday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U19 trials Thursday through Sunday

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tonight’s scrimmage streamed as I type this?

Never mind. Sounds like it’s the PanAm trials being streamed, not the U19.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If anyone has the opportunity go to Colorado Springs, going to the Olympic Training Center is a must visit. Amazing to watch and listen to the trainers and coaches and the depth that they go to to maximize performance every legal way possible - diet, fitness, mental, etc.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Team named. Paige made it (of course), but Aubrey did not.

Belibi, Brink, Boston, Bueckers, Clark, Howard, Egbo, Hillman-Baker, Nixon, Smith, Taylor and Van Lith.

Reaction Score
Jones not making the team is surprising.
I agree. I think you could field a second team that would be very, very competitive with the first.

A little deceiving because of the players who didn’t show (Christyn, ONO, Horston, Cooke, Jackson, etc), but still a very talented team.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think you could field a second team that would be very, very competitive with the first.

A little deceiving because of the players who didn’t show (Christyn, ONO, Horston, Cooke, Jackson, etc), but still a very talented team.

I am glad that Williams and ONO chose to stay in Storrs this summer, instead of playing USA basketball. They will get much more out of working on their individual games, lifting, and playing pick up with the rest of the team.

Reaction Score
Whose idea was it to throw Cunane there?Head bang

I wonder if Watson is on her tippy toes? She has been listed at 6’2”, but looks a fair amount taller than the 6’5” Queen Egbo!

I believe she's about 6'3" in sneakers

Reaction Score
I am glad that Williams and ONO chose to stay in Storrs this summer, instead of playing USA basketball. They will get much more out of working on their individual games, lifting, and playing pick up with the rest of the team.

I guess this is another way things are a little different down here. I am not aware of a University of Texas WBB player declining an invitation to represent the USA if she is healthy and has no serious personal or family issue that stands in the way. The summer Samuelson and Collier participated in trials even though they were not available for the team, Atkins played with the national team and joined the Horns midway through an Italy tour.

Reaction Score
I guess this is another way things are a little different down here. I am not aware of a University of Texas WBB player declining an invitation to represent the USA if she is healthy and has no serious personal or family issue that stands in the way. The summer Samuelson and Collier participated in trials even though they were not available for the team, Atkins played with the national team and joined the Horns midway through an Italy tour.

I understand wanting to represent your country, but Williams and ONO have already done that and played on USA basketball teams. When it comes down to becoming a better basketball player for the next season, not much can come out of beating outclassed teams by 40 every night. Staying on campus and working on your individual game, working out with the strength coach, and playing pick up with the rest of the team, is a far better use of a summer IMHO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Celeste Taylor may be the biggest surprise of the list. She dipped in the rankings, but clearly is still very talented.
Steady and talented that is why she keeps making these teams. Whatever the teams needs Celeste provides.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here is a couple of other ways that things are different in Storrs.
In the case of ONO and Christyn Williams-BEEN THERE DONE THAT! They have represented their country plenty. The aspirations of the two teams are quite different right? When Texas wins a conference title in WCBB
we might resume the comparison- or not.

Reaction Score
Is this the 2nd time Jones has been cut by a USA team? That seems a little strange for an elite player.

Reaction Score
Is this the 2nd time Jones has been cut by a USA team? That seems a little strange for an elite player.
She didn't make the 2017 U16 team. So yes, it's her second time being cut from her own age group. I'm not sure if she tried out any years prior when she was a couple of classes below

Reaction Score
Here is a couple of other ways that things are different in Storrs.
In the case of ONO and Christyn Williams-BEEN THERE DONE THAT! They have represented their country plenty. The aspirations of the two teams are quite different right? When Texas wins a conference title in WCBB
we might resume the comparison- or not.
Sure. But I do not expect Texas to change quickly regardless. The Texas players at trials this year are all USA team veterans. Baylor also sent players to the trials.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom