U19 trials Thursday through Sunday

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Am I the only one who finds these seemingly now mandatory dunk exhibitions at every women basketball event tiresome?
Probably not. I don't think it's a bad thing, brings more casual fans to the sport and demonstrate increasing athleticism in these female athletes. In the grand scheme of things 6'1" female athletes that can dunk routinely like Fan Belibi are a HUGE deal.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Very nice elevation —

Even more impressive to me was how (especially on the second attempt) she seemed to handle the ball like it was a Nerf !! She must have pretty big hands.

She needs to learn the easy way to dunk when you can’t quite jump high enough to put the ball over the rim.
The method is to carry the ball up with your palm facing up and when you touch the rim with your wrist, you snap your wrist down into the hoop and dunk the ball !

Tryout group photo. Click on the photo and then "view image" to enlarge.

Paige and Aubrey two apart in the second row, 2nd and 4th from the end respectively.

Whose idea was it to throw Cunane there?Head bang

I wonder if Watson is on her tippy toes? She has been listed at 6’2”, but looks a fair amount taller than the 6’5” Queen Egbo!

oldude

bamboo lover
Whose idea was it to throw Cunane there?Head bang

I wonder if Watson is on her tippy toes? She has been listed at 6’2”, but looks a fair amount taller than the 6’5” Queen Egbo!
Not sure where you’re getting your information, but Egbo is 6’3” at best, which is what she’s listed at Baylor.

The pair of future Huskies are in Colorado Springs, Colo., where USA Basketball is holding trials this week for the U19 World Cup. Griffin, a 6-foot-1 wing from New York, will be a freshman at UConn this fall, with Bueckers set to join the following season.

“She has a nice jump shot,” Griffin said. “She can pass the ball really well.”

“She’s really athletic, a really good on-ball defender,” Bueckers said. “She finishes well, and she’s got a good jump shot. She jumps out of the gym. She’s just really athletic and she does basically everything for the team.”

“She’s like 6-foot, but she can play like she’s 6-4,” Bueckers said. “She’s just a really good player.”

Maybe, Bueckers will even convince a few friends to join her.

“I’m definitely trying to recruit and bring people that I can play with,” she said.

EricLA

Cronus
Will they be making any preliminary cuts, or just make all the cuts and announce the team on the last day?