U19 Gold Medal Game Live Stats - Today 1:15 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U19 Gold Medal Game Live Stats - Today 1:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well, that escalated quickly.

7 point lead at the half turns into a 21 point lead at the end of the third.

"Yeah....Brick killed a guy, with a trident!"

stevecarelltrident.jpg

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think it was Moriah who wanted to play France again, because she wanted to show that the other game wasn't their best. They did it.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great, Great Team Defense. France scores 8 points in 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Watching the UConn three when in the game together - and I can't wait for the season to start. Just think - MoJeff, Stewie, and Tuck and then add in Stef, Bria, and KML - somebody among these doesn't even get to start!! Even at that, teams are going to think they are playing five on six or even five on nine. Awesome -

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Watching the UConn three when in the game together - and I can't wait for the season to start. Just thinki - MoJeff, Stewie, and Tuck and then add in Stef, Bria, and KML - somebody among these doesn't even get to start!! Even at that, teams are going to think they are polaying five on six or even five on nine. Awesome -
Totally agree. Stewie - just unbelievable. Morgan - great all around game, just needs to work on her shot selection, as does Moriah. Moriah will be one of the most exciting players IN THE NATION to watch IMHO.

And by the way, it's likely that Morgan doesn't even start on this coming UCONN team (Moriah, Bria, KML, Breanna, Stef). A game of them vs. Saniya, Brianna, Morgan, A'ja and Kiah would be fun to see (yeah i know - if A'ja comes, she wouldn't be on next year's team, but had to pick someone to fill out 10 players!!)

Can you imagine the following year if we start Mo, KML, Morgan, Bree and Kiah, then have Brianna, Saniya, Courtney, Sadie, Gabby and A'ja off the bench? Holy smokes!!

Jim

Reaction Score
Stewie is going to have a hard time getting through the airport metal detectors with all that bling.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I see the head coach gets a medal. I wonder if the assistants do as well (they must) but just aren't on the podium.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Tuck with green and purple fingernail polish.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
They seem very delighted by the confetti

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Interesting, Alexis Jones just asked for a picture with Morgan and Stewart.

Reaction Score
2 points in the last quarter? That cannot be correct, can it? What happened to France?

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
DavidinNaples & Wbbnfan1: We've again had great posts from everyone on this U19 thread. Special thanks to you both for your in-game posts all week, particularly for leading the way for us making those early games- which most of couldn't watch - so exciting, with your constant updates... its really helped make USA U19 such fun to follow at the 'Yard.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. Stewie - just unbelievable. Morgan - great all around game, just needs to work on her shot selection, as does Moriah. Moriah will be one of the most exciting players IN THE NATION to watch IMHO.

Not for me. Stewie and KML are much more exciting for me to watch as is Bria. MoJeff has to show she can shoot. Otherwise she is just a passer. Someone like Bria can do both. That is much more exciting and much more anticipated.

Reaction Score
The US depth was the difference in the second half. Third game in 3 days and France had a battle yesterday with Spain while the US got to rest players in the second half yesterday.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really tough for France losing their leader and best player Epoupa - that put paid to any chance France had to fight back. And then Gaye fouled out as well. The whole French offense is run based on Epoupa breaking down the defense and then dishing - without her France could only score 2 points in the 4th Q (has to be a FIBA record?) I don't think France stood a chance anyway, but the game devolved into a total mismatch at the end.
Watching MoJeff and Epoupa against each other was fun - they were both so fast.
Meier did a great coaching job - adjusting from the previous game to play a lot of zone and in man to play way off Epoupa and dare her to shoot from distance and frustrate her on drives.

Reaction Score
How about the last 4 months of Stewie :) A National Championship and Finals MVP in April and World U-19 Championship and Tournament MVP today :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I thought Moriah played much better defense on Epoupa then Jones did. Jones could not keep up with her and had to foul her to stop her drives into the paint. However, Jones is a much better offensive player then Moriah is. Moriah comes from a much better college defensive system. You don't play, if you can't play defense.

Really tough for France losing their leader and best player Epoupa - that put paid to any chance France had to fight back. And then Gaye fouled out as well. The whole French offense is run based on Epoupa breaking down the defense and then dishing - without her France could only score 2 points in the 4th Q (has to be a FIBA record?) I don't think France stood a chance anyway, but the game devolved into a total mismatch at the end.
Watching MoJeff and Epoupa against each other was fun - they were both so fast.
Meier did a great coaching job - adjusting from the previous game to play a lot of zone and in man to play way off Epoupa and dare her to shoot from distance and frustrate her on drives.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I thought Moriah played much better defense on Epoupa then Jones did. Jones could not keep up with her and had to foul her to stop her drives into the paint. However, Jones is a much better offensive player then Moriah is. Moriah comes from a much better college defensive system. You don't play, if you can't play defense.
I would say that Jones is a better scorer than Moriah, but I would not say she is a better offensive player. MoJeff is a better point guard and her Assist/TO ration was fabulous at 3.4 for the tournament. (It took a big hit today as she basically doubled her TOs with 4 but she also had 4 steals and 5 assists - but still led the all players in the tournament.) Not knocking Jones here, but defending Moriah's offensive strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom