U19 Egypt vs USA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U19 Egypt vs USA

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Close was giving Azzi instructions just before tip off. Must have been telling her to be more aggressive and find her shot. She did, and I couldn't have been happier. I hope Nike starts at the point to feed both of these fantastic players. I said it twice, I'll say it again. Nika will lead the nation in assists this year.

Reaction Score
. Nika will lead the nation in assists this year.
This will not age well.

Players can have really good, even great, seasons without being a statistical leader. It is exceptionally rare that a UConn player is ever the NCAA leader in any category, especially a volume one as opposed to a %. Paige for 3s and Tamika W for overall shooting percentages have been leaders. Not sure if any other UConn player has even been close to the lead in a volume category.

Reaction Score
Azzi looked REAL good out there. Like someone stated, she looked very comfortable out there and that is the goal for all the players. Just feeling comfortable and playing your game. But Azzi is going to be nice! I wonder if she has that mean streak in her. Like at any point of a game and she feels that she needs to assert herself because things just ain't going the way it should. Does she have that " I am taking over" mindset. This looked like that kind of game.
you don't rise to her level by being a "softy"........she appears to be a cool customer but beneath the icy exterior I'm pretty certain she wants to kick her opponent's butt.............

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Close was giving Azzi instructions just before tip off. Must have been telling her to be more aggressive and find her shot. She did, and I couldn't have been happier. I hope Nike starts at the point to feed both of these fantastic players. I said it twice, I'll say it again. Nika will lead the nation in assists this year.
Maybe Geno put a bug in her ear that Azzi needs to get more minutes, since she had medical restrictions during most of the Summer session.:rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I love Azzi's dad. Also, a lot of people on YouTube get triggered by the Horn sound which I don't mind at all and he's been doing that thing since Azzi's U16 games. It's funny how people lose their minds over it :D

Nothing against him but the only thing more annoying than the horn is the cow bell. Those things are for people who insist that everyone know that they are there ... 300 times a game. I'd like to sit behind Mr Fudd in a theater and squawk a horn in his ear at every line of dialogue during a movie he enjoys.

As you can see I'm against noise-makers. :)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hate to say it but I think ND got a good one in Sonia Citron.
It's occurred to me watching this game that Citron may also make Brunelle way better. She's another big strong wing who has a good handle, rebounds and passes well, and has an inside/outside game. Defending one of those isn't too bad, but defending two is really tough.

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it because I was watching but not totally listening but it seems that the USA fan jackass that showed up in previous years with the horn isn't there. That makes it totally watchable.

I always wondered why someone from the USA staff didn't go in the stands and stuff it.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it because I was watching but not totally listening but it seems that the USA fan jackass that showed up in previous years with the horn isn't there. That makes it totally watchable.

I always wondered why someone from the USA staff didn't go in the stands and stuff it.
Tim Fudd. Azzi’s dad. Yup was there doing his horn thing.

Reaction Score
It's occurred to me watching this game that Citron may also make Brunelle way better. She's another big strong wing who has a good handle, rebounds and passes well, and has an inside/outside game. Defending one of those isn't too bad, but defending two is really tough.

Go ahead and pass this along to Coach Ivey. No thanks needed lol.
1. Mabrey/ miles (will probably start after 2/3 games.
2. Citron. Too good to be denied
3. Sam B. Finally ready to live up to expectations.
4. Maddie. Earned.
5. Nat.
You’re welcome.

Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone noticed, but the US flag displayed during the playing of the National Anthem was a 48-star flag, which hasn't been our flag since Alaska was admitted to the Union in 1959. I'm not sure whether the flag shown was hanging the arena in Hungary or one superimposed on the screen by whoever was producing the game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If she's going to make Brunelle better she has a lot of work to do.

Reaction Score

There is no one on the staff big enough to stuff Tim Fudd. Asking nicely might work much better. My nightmare is that he brings it to Gampel.

Reaction Score
There is no one on the staff big enough to stuff Tim Fudd. Asking nicely might work much better. My nightmare is that he brings it to Gampel.
So Tim Fudd was the one with the obnoxious horn in Buenos Aires? That constant honk, honk, honk for an entire game? For seven entire games? I hope it wasn't. But if it was, and he does bring it to Gampel, someone needs to put an end to it if the league doesn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom