U19 Egypt vs USA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U19 Egypt vs USA

Reaction Score
AZ.png

Azzi really shoots very well. And her T/O is well controlled. Can't wait to see Azzi plays with the team in Nov.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Azzi has great stats for her minutes played. A stat that I also like is that she's only committed one Personal Foul. She is playing defense and only having one foul means she's not reaching out to stop players which FIBA Ref call fouls when defenders reach out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened to Jewel Spear from Wake Forest? She lit up Italy in the first game of the tournament and hasn’t played since. If you look at the FIBA box score for the Australia & Egypt games it simply states “Did not play - coach’s decision” next to her name.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's occurred to me watching this game that Citron may also make Brunelle way better. She's another big strong wing who has a good handle, rebounds and passes well, and has an inside/outside game. Defending one of those isn't too bad, but defending two is really tough.

For what it's worth, Brunelle posted on her Instagram a month ago that she has lost 33 pounds since last season.

I think that (and freedom from some nagging injuries that she had last year) will be the biggest source of improvement for her.

Having another credible credible 3 point threat with some size certainly should help, too.

The potential trio of Citron-Brunelle-Westbeld as 3-4-5 has some intriguing offensive possibilities.

Reaction Score
Next game against China Taipei is on at 11 this morning. Watch Azzi's defense.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azzi has great stats for her minutes played. A stat that I also like is that she's only committed one Personal Foul. She is playing defense and only having one foul means she's not reaching out to stop players which FIBA Ref call fouls when defenders reach out.
Unlike Paige who I was skeptical of coming in this time last year with respect to her ability to play and stand out at this level against Division 1 elite competition, I have no such reservations about Azzi.

Every comment or personal observation I’ve read about her ALL say the same thing, “she’s the real deal.” Some say she’s at least as good as Paige if not better. Even Geno has said she’s better and stronger than he thought she was, and is excited to watch and coach her this year. I’m thoroughly convinced that Azzi and Paige will perform as expected, and consistently be worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From not playing at all to playing more than anyone else. She must be special.
Was she injured? If not, I would need to know why that would happen. I would expect that she would play and start, but maybe there's a legit reason. We KNOW...it's not lack of talent or international experience.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Was she injured? If not, I would need to know why that would happen. I would expect that she would play and start, but maybe there's a legit reason. We KNOW...it's not lack of talent or international experience.
I don't know the reason.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Brunelle posted on her Instagram a month ago that she has lost 33 pounds since last season.

I think that (and freedom from some nagging injuries that she had last year) will be the biggest source of improvement for her.

Having another credible credible 3 point threat with some size certainly should help, too.

The potential trio of Citron-Brunelle-Westbeld as 3-4-5 has some intriguing offensive possibilities.
Double credible. That is some three point threat.;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I don't know what Sam's problem was last year, but the excess weight made her less effective. I'm happy to hear that she has lost it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom