u18 usa VS vENEZULA 1:30 Pm | The Boneyard

u18 usa VS vENEZULA 1:30 Pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Leads 56-31 at the half. Ramirez and Cox had good 1st half. Megan Walker 0-7 shooting. Megan isn't looking like the #1 recruit in 2017 class during her USA BB play.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ramirez is on fire from three through the first three games - impressive. If she keeps this up she will challenge Lou and Breanna for age limited USA teams three point shooting.

I've been a bit critical of the team play, but I think it is improving, though 13 TOs in this half with a bunch of them being just stupid is high, and giving up 8 offense rebounds when the opponent only has seven defensive rebounds is an indication of really poor boxing out.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 79-40 after 3 quarters of play.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I hope Dana Evans chooses a school that plays with some pace.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Uhmmm... The ref just blew the whistle before giving the player the ball....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA wins 110 - 52. Easy Win USA had 5 player scoring in double digits. Only negative for Team USA are the TO's They had 22, many of them unforced.

Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

Canada plays Puerto Rico 6 PM tonight and that might be an interesting game. Loser plays USA in the Semi-Finals.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
USA wins 110 - 52. Easy Win USA had 5 player scoring in double digits. Only negative for Team USA are the TO's They had 22, many of them unforced.

Live Stats: FIBA Live Statistics

Canada plays Puerto Rico 6 PM tonight and that might be an interesting game. Loser plays USA in the Semi-Finals.
And winner likely plays USA in the championship game!

Reaction Score
USA Leads 56-31 at the half. Ramirez and Cox had good 1st half. Megan Walker 0-7 shooting. Megan isn't looking like the #1 recruit in 2017 class during her USA BB play.

You're right. Walker hasn't shot the ball well at all this tournament. Today, she missed wide open layups. Although, for some reason, I still wouldn't withdraw UConn's offer or be upset if she chose to come to Storrs.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ramirez is on fire from three through the first three games - impressive. If she keeps this up she will challenge Lou and Breanna for age limited USA teams three point shooting.

I've been a bit critical of the team play, but I think it is improving, though 13 TOs in this half with a bunch of them being just stupid is high, and giving up 8 offense rebounds when the opponent only has seven defensive rebounds is an indication of really poor boxing out.

Ramirez seems to be the only 3-point threat on the team. Or at least the only one with the confidence to take the shot.

Reaction Score
She would shoot it from the team bus whether you let her or not. Don't ask her to play any D either.

and yet she may really be the key to this US team............if she's hitting her shots the odds are they are going to win the gold...................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Megan Walker 0-7 shooting. Megan isn't looking like the #1 recruit in 2017 class during her USA BB play.
Shocking is the only way I can describe Walker's play! She is shooting 23.5 % and leading the team in shot attempts/game. In fairness to the other players she must be removed from this starting lineup.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Loving me some Lauren Cox: 14 points on 7 of 8 shooting, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks in 15 minutes of play. I can hardly wait to see her in a Baylor jersey.
In reality I can't wait to see her play WCBB period. She's a deserving young lady with her head seemingly on straight. I've a feeling however in Kim's system development of an outside shot will be stunted. That may prove to be a hindrance when, not if, she moves on to the WNBA. However having a hint of this young lady's character, she'll work on that anyway.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Shocking is the only way I can describe Walker's play! She is shooting 23.5 % and leading the team in shot attempts/game. In fairness to the other players she must be removed from this starting lineup.
Honestly in the two games I've seen she seems to be rushing her shots and over striding toward the hoop. It looks like she wants to impress over much. Ms. Walker, just relax.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Honestly in the two games I've seen she seems to be rushing her shots and over striding toward the hoop. It looks like she wants to impress over much. Ms. Walker, just relax.
She is not squaring up to the basket on her jump shot either. Look at this photo, her uniform numbers & feet should be in alignment with the direction the ball is being launched. not pointing off to the side.

XubdKjKw1kOyCdVHxC0erg.jpg

Reaction Score
Who is this Harvard kid Boehm? Did the bigs miss out on this kid? 20 points in 16 minutes? Yikes!!

JordyG

Reaction Score
She is not squaring up to the basket on her jump shot either. Look at this photo, her uniform numbers & feet should be in alignment with the direction the ball is being launched. not pointing off to the side.

XubdKjKw1kOyCdVHxC0erg.jpg
That is what happens generally when you rush your shot. Your feet aren't planted and your body isn't square. She's looking to get off when she should be looking to do other things and relax into the flow of the game. The points will then come. Hopefully Geno will get her in house. He, CD and Shea will remind her of this on a daily basis.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who is this Harvard kid Boehm? Did the bigs miss out on this kid? 20 points in 16 minutes? Yikes!!
She did not exactly fly below the radar of the big schools because she was a 2016 McDonalds AA. I believe this is her first USA basketball team. Smart enough for Harvard and talented enough to play in McDonalds AA game- unmatched credentials?

JordyG

Reaction Score
She did not exactly fly below the radar of the big schools because she was a 2016 McDonalds AA. I believe this is her first USA basketball team. Smart enough for Harvard and talented enough to play in McDonalds AA game- unmatched credentials?
I would have liked to have seen Tara get ahold of this young woman. She seemed a Pac-10 natural.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would have liked to have seen Tara get ahold of this young woman. She seemed a Pac-10 natural.
Tara will be just fine. She has 3 McDonalds AA coming in. I like Fingall best of the three-A Morgan tuck lite sets of skills.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Tara will be just fine. She has 3 McDonalds AA coming in. I like Fingall best of the three-A Morgan tuck lite sets of skills.
On the money. Tara will do just fine. However for Boehm's sake I'd rather see her learn under the better coaching and competition of the Pac-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom