U18 Brazil vs USA Gold Medal Game Live 8:15 tonight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

U18 Brazil vs USA Gold Medal Game Live 8:15 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Wonder how pooped the US kids are - back to back to back games, right?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Turnover city - three TOs in the last three possessions?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Morgan has a double/double with 10 points and 10 rebounds so far.
Breanna has 10 points and 8 rebounds.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Some really sloppy play by the US right now. Finish up strong, girls!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tuck has a really good sense of where the ball is going for her age and is great at getting to the right position for a rebound. She is going to give UConn many extra possessions in her collegiate career.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan has a double/double with 10 points and 10 rebounds so far.
Breanna has 10 points and 8 rebounds.
Morgan now has 12 and 10. Stewie has 10 and 10. Her jersey number.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
they called a "T" ??? must have been the BRA bench

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I like this game for Stewie. Didn't feel like she played very well at all, and yet she put up numbers at the end of the night. Being able to produce ugly is a valuable asset.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Officials called this game tight but consistently. Overall good job by them. Nice assist by Bre to Graves.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Congrats to the whole U18 team for taking this tourney.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Minot observation—there were more people watching at the end, than at the first quarter mark. Possibly nothing to it, people forgot and came in late, or whatever, but the notion that a 20 point margin is uninteresting wasn't supported by the numbers - there wasn't any net drop-off when the game was no longer in doubt.

Reaction Score
I like this game for Stewie. Didn't feel like she played very well at all, and yet she put up numbers at the end of the night. Being able to produce ugly is a valuable asset.

She keeps an even keel...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We outscored them by 33 after the 0-9 start.

Prince scored at the buzzer on a fast break in a 24-point game?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

That's true - but I think tonight also showed why she will be better at the 3 than the 4 in the early stages. She's great all over the court but she does not go up quite as strong against contact down low as some other top forwards do. She can mix it up down low but is better when she has a little space to use her length. Morgan seems more patient with her pivot. I only saw the little jump hook in the lane once tonight, whereas Tuck and Graves look more comfortable and adept at consistently sealing off the defender on their hip. Certainly part of it was that the coach was having others post up more often than Bre, with Bre making entries from the wing.

Give her a couple months working under Marisa and banging against Stef, Kiah and Morgan in the lane and she should make huge strides real quick. She's too skilled and athletic not to!

Also a classy move at the end by Bre to hold the ball and not shoot a layup on the steal. Victory for Team USA !!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Officials called this game tight but consistently. Overall good job by them. Nice assist by Bre to Graves.

A couple of phantom traveling calls early against Team USA, IMO, but otherwise a pretty reasonable job by los zebras.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That's true - but I think tonight also showed why she will be better at the 3 than the 4 in the early stages. She's great all over the court but she does not go up quite as strong against contact down low as some other top forwards do. She can mix it up down low but is better when she has a little space to use her length. Morgan seems more patient with her pivot. I only saw the little jump hook in the lane once tonight, whereas Tuck and Graves look more comfortable and adept at consistently sealing off the defender on their hip. Certainly part of it was that the coach was having others post up more often than Bre, with Bre making entries from the wing.

Give her a couple months working under Marisa and banging against Stef, Kiah and Morgan in the lane and she should make huge strides real quick. She's too skilled and athletic not to!

Also a classy move at the end by Bre to hold the ball and not shoot a layup on the steal. Victory for Team USA !!

That was Bre? I thought it was Prince there at the end? Maybe there was another play because I thought Prince actually shot before the final buzzer sounded.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Actually I think they gave Morgan one of Bre's first half freethrows so I think the both ended with 14 pts. Both with double doubles and Bre and Mo ended up leading with 4 assts each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom