U17 'World Cup' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U17 'World Cup'

Reaction Score
US loses 3-1, and based on goal diff US finishes 3rd (Ghana, Colombia, and US all had 6 points).

US will play one of the first place teams from another group... TBD.

Sargent was relatively invisible.

Announcer was saying Durkin was invited to Inter Milan's academy a year or so ago, but opted for DC United (he's from Virginia). Hopefully after his performance here he gets other invites and can develop in Europe.

Reaction Score
Looks like the US will either get Paraguay or Iran (who demolished Germany the other day) depending on how other groups standings unfold.

Reaction Score
Whatever gives these kids a platform to get to the best club teams available to them is all that matters. If Bruce doesn't think anything needs to change, these kids have to go get it for themselves.
Arena's good as gone, exposure opportunities are huge, but falling to 3rd today mattered to the players, coaches, and many US supporters alike. Fumble!

Reaction Score
We need some successes at the 'U' levels both from team and player dev/opportunity perspectives. Go go USA!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We need some successes at the 'U' levels both from team and player dev/opportunity perspectives. Go go USA!
We need to at least continue qualifying for these tournaments (including/especially the Olympics). Gives our kids more international experience and better chances of getting seen by bigger clubs.

Reaction Score
Announcer was saying Durkin was invited to Inter Milan's academy a year or so ago, but opted for DC United (he's from Virginia). Hopefully after his performance here he gets other invites and can develop in Europe.

When my friends and I played that's all we cared about - somehow winning a look from a Euro club, one turned an Ajax offer down. Going from dream to the reality of moving into an academy is an incredibly difficult decision.

Is Ben Lederman on this squad? He's back at La Masia

Reaction Score
US v Paraguay on 10/16.
Honduras is thru as one of the 4 3rd place teams, and will most likely get Brazil in the next round (barring a massive upset this of Brazil later this morning).
If Mexico can tie or beat Chile tomorrow they will get Iran in the next round. If Chile wins Mex is out and Chile will play Iran.
Costa Rica is out.

Reaction Score
For the 17 and under kids, luckily not Iran.
I haven't watched them play yet, but Iran is dominating everyone they've played... Germany, Costa Rica, one of the African teams.
Iraq, for that matter, is thru to the 2nd round too. Interested to see how they do against England tomorrow.

Reaction Score
US up on Paraguay 1-0 mid 1st half. Weah with the goal (I stepped out of the room for 5 minutes andmissed it, and this broadcast is terrible with the replays). The US is defending well, but Paraguay is pressing hard and has scored a lot of goals this tournament.

Reaction Score
US goes up 2-0 in the 53rd minute on Weah's 2nd goal of the game.... it was a beauty.

Reaction Score
3-0 US in the 64th minute. Carlton with the goal, Sargent with the assist. They've been moving the ball around really well this game.

Reaction Score
3-0 now in 64'. Carleton finished off a tremendous build up from Watts, Akinola, and Sargent (who got the assist) on the right. These boys are good. Paraguay was 3-0 in their group and we're making mincemeat of them now.

Reaction Score
Sargent makes it 4-0. Wow, they are having their way.

Reaction Score
Yes, there sure is. 2022 could have some of the best young attacking in the world. Pulisic will lead it, but then Sargent, Carleton, Weah, Akinola, Josh Perez, Wright, even Konrad De la Fuente (born '01) who's been killing it in the Barcelona academy the last couple years.

Reaction Score
Let's hope they come out with the same pace/style in the quarter's. This was a very different US team than I saw play Colombia a few days ago. Defended really hard, broke on the counters, moved the ball around really well... a lot of great one-touch movement.

US could be light at midfield next match. Chris Goslin, starting midfielder, will miss Saturday's quarter-final (winner of England- Japan) due to yellow card accumulation; Blaine Ferri, also starting midfielder, was subbed off in the 34th minute after being injured.

Reaction Score
The England - Japan game was one of the more entertaining and well played 0-0 draws I have seen. Both teams went for it, lot's of great opportunities/missed opportunities, etc... It finished 0-0 at end of regulation. England won on PK's 5-4.
U17's don't play AET, they go straight to PK's after regulation.

US v England in the quarters Saturday, 10:20AM. Most of the scouts from pro leagues who are scouting this WC have said England is the most talented team in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Any reason why Ben Lederman wasn't included on the team? Is he too old?

Reaction Score
Any reason why Ben Lederman wasn't included on the team? Is he too old?
Not too sure. Was wondering about both him and De la Fuente (though they certainly have a skilled group of attackers anyway and he's a year younger). Perhaps they think it's better for him to stay with Barça to continue training and developing in that atmosphere.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ouch. England beats USA 4-1. From what I saw pretty wide open game. Both teams with lots of shots. England with a lot more on target. Good experience though for our boys

Reaction Score
Ouch. England beats USA 4-1. From what I saw pretty wide open game. Both teams with lots of shots. England with a lot more on target. Good experience though for our boys
Tbh England probably has the best U-17 set up right now, their talent is insane. No shame in losing to them, they just have better players, simple as that. I think we are a top 4 talented team in the world in this age group right now though, which is very impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom