U17 - USA beats Hungary 91-63 in semifinals (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

U17 - USA beats Hungary 91-63 in semifinals (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Holmes is intriguing and seems to enjoy playing and has had some great hustle plays. I look for the kids who at this stage can handle the moment.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox can dribble. If you watched today's game, she took the ball the full length of the court. Asia Durr does not always make the right decision, nobody does. Katie Lou was raining threes down in the first quarter, but let's not put the cart before the horse. Katie will be an exceptional player, and she should be the number one recruit in her class. However, we know KML can do it at the college level, and she has become an all-around player. Inside, outside, rebounding and defense. No one has better form on the three than KML. With all that being said, at 6'3" Katie has a definite height advantage over KML, and if she works on her ball handling and gets stronger, Bre and she will be an incredible combo of inside outside shooting.
I actually did watch today's game, as well as the 2 prior games. My post was just based on my opinion and enthusiasm for the players.

Tons of post players can bring the ball up the court. That doesn't mean one can't work more on their dribbling skills. I actually watched Holmes bring the ball up the court several times, but more over, her drives to the basket were much more impressive than Cox's, a skillset I think is more important for a post player. I thought Holmes was more impressive because her drives involved pivoting, changing directions, and faking out the defender. I watched Cox play 3 games now and for a 6'4" kid she has solid ball handling skills. But my point was if she fancies herself as a wing, she needs better ball handling and better shooting skills. At 16 she has plenty of time to work on it. I like her game a lot.

As for Durr, she's the best decision maker on a team of 16 and 17 year olds. What's not to like about that? I'm not sure about your comment regarding her "not always making the right decisions". Again I watched her play 3 games and came away incredibly impressed with her all around game and leadership in a guard position. And for the record, I said she always SEEMS to make the right decision. I never said she was perfect.

Clearly just my opinion after seeing them play only 3 games. I have no doubt scouts who have seen them play live certainly have better insight than I do. And I was giving my opinion, punctuated with enthusiasm over how incredible I think KLS is. What does the fact that KML has 4 more years of experience than KLS have to do with Lou's skillset? How was I putting the cart before the horse? I don't recall saying she was a lock for a 4 year NPOY winner. That would be putting the cart before the horse. I never saw KML in high school, at least not in as many games as I've seen KLS, so I can't say which one was more impressive at the same age.

If I totally misunderstood you I apologize, but after reading your post several times, it seemed all you were offering were snarky comments in relation to my post, which frankly, I don't get...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think KML form from 3 is better than KLS... could be a height thing

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
But my point was if she fancies herself as a wing

Cox isn't a wing though. She's clearly a post. A very athletic, super agile one, but still a post. She's a little too in love with stand-still jumpers from the outside right now, imo. I saw her dominate inside at Boo Williams two months ago, but even then she'd occasionally chuck a three.

Reaction Score
KLS looked tired at times.later in the game..got'a play "D" for 40 min.Maybe needs a little conditioning or rest.I bet Geno has her playing "D" for all 40.

I agree that Samuelson needs to tighten up her D, but she also is coming off an injured ankle and being sick so I am sure she is not exactly in her best "game shape" yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom