U16 Live Stream Canada vs USA for Gold on Now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U16 Live Stream Canada vs USA for Gold on Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Wins 82-48 Completely blew out Canada in 2nd half USA's starting 5 got their act together playing great defense and hitting their shots.

Karlie Samuelson was 8 - 8 on 3 point shots for the game.

Live Stats. - Link

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Cox can do it all, nice drive

I like this Lauren Cox and hope UConn is big in her plans. 2016 is still along time before she gets to college.

Interesting stuff on Cox's Bio from the USA Basketball site:

High School Notes:
  • Has played one varsity season at Flower Mound High School in Flower Mound, Texas, where she set the single-season rebounding (375) and blocked shots (124) record and the blocked shots single-game record (11).
  • Lists single-game highs of 27 points and 21 rebounds.
  • As a freshman in 2012-13, started in all 33 games and averaged 13.6 ppg., 11.4 rpg., 1.7 apg., 1.9 spg. and 3.8 bpg. to help her team to a 25-9 record; shot 39% from the field, 13% from 3-point and 60% from the line. needs work
  • Has played in the summer for North Texas United since 2010, has placed fifth at AAU nationals.
  • Plays volleyball, was a district and all-area newcomer of the year in 2012-13; also competes in track and field, claimed district and area titles in shot put and discus.
  • Born on April 20, 1998, to Brenda and Dennis Cox; has three younger sisters, Whitney (12), Kaylee (10) and Madison (8).--Sign them up.....now
  • Mother, Brenda, played basketball at Southern Methodist University; father, Dennis, played basketball at Central Methodist University.
  • Favorite basketball player: Elena Delle Donne.
  • Most people don't know: I have Type 1 Diabetes.
  • Superstitious about: Wearing the same headband for every game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
USA already scored 27 points in the 3rd Qtr. Playing great defense & Asia Durr took over the game at the start of the 3rd qtr.
Durr picked up the MVP award. She's gonna be one to follow.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
ochoopsfan I've been surprised that Brazil can put together such a strong national team, yet not so much at the younger ages. Do you have any insights? Is it simply that USA starts earlier, so has a head start at younger ages?

Sorry missed your response yesterday. No insights for Brazil, however, I have to believe WBB is third behind Soccer and VBall down in Rio land. Not sure why the older teams get better with not so strong U16 teams, perhaps structure and coaching levels in Brazil are not that strong at young ages and/or more girls who are playing other sports turn to WBB because they cant qualify to make National teams in Soc and VBall.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Sorry missed your response yesterday. No insights for Brazil, however, I have to believe WBB is third behind Soccer and VBall down in Rio land. Not sure why the older teams get better with not so strong U16 teams, perhaps structure and coaching levels in Brazil are not that strong at young ages and/or more girls who are playing other sports turn to WBB because they cant qualify to make National teams in Soc and VBall.

Ok, thanks for your thoughts. Sounds plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom