OT: - Tyson v. RJJ Exhibition | The Boneyard

OT: Tyson v. RJJ Exhibition

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Iron Mike and Roy Jones having an exhibition match.
20-25 years ago this may have been interesting.

I think Tyson would KO RJJ as soon as he hit Jones with a clean punch. Jones would have been quick enough to avoid most of those punches. Don't think Jones could KO Iron Mike even if he tired him out.

Reaction Score
Iron Mike and Roy Jones having an exhibition match.
20-25 years ago this may have been interesting.

I think Tyson would KO RJJ as soon as he hit Jones with a clean punch. Jones would have been quick enough to avoid most of those punches. Don't think Jones could KO Iron Mike even if he tired him out.

Tyson would've killed Roy Jones Jr.

Reaction Score
Jones must be hurting for cash. No win situation for him other than cash. Also, no way Tyson can go eight rounds. If he doesn't bum rush Jones and knock him out, Jones boxes and stays away for 8 rounds or Tyson quits from exhaustion.

Reaction Score
Jones must be hurting for cash. No win situation for him other than cash. Also, no way Tyson can go eight rounds. If he doesn't bum rush Jones and knock him out, Jones boxes and stays away for 8 rounds or Tyson quits from exhaustion.

LOL. When has Tyson’s strategy ever been to go into the 8th?!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There was no point in time where this would have been an interesting fight.

This is an exhibition. They’re not going to try to kill each other.

Reaction Score

That said? I’ll buy it.

Reaction Score
i never pay for boxing. it’s a bloodsport

that said..i need to see this!

Reaction Score
Tyson has been working out for a few months. He might not chase after round 1, but if he connects, it’s over.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I dont know that Mike is gonna be able to keep that switch turned off once he gets in the ring.

Reaction Score
Tyson has been working out for a few months. He might not chase after round 1, but if he connects, it’s over.
If Tyson doesn't KO him, it's because they made a gentleman's agreement to have a good face-saving show. Roy wasn't the biggest puncher, especially in the later half of his career.

Reaction Score

I think this is the closest of all that I read on here to what will happen. They definitely will try to KO each other for those that don’t think so, but Jones wins out boxing a tired Mike.

Reaction Score
I think this is the closest of all that I read on here to what will happen. They definitely will try to KO each other for those that don’t think so, but Jones wins out boxing a tired Mike.
They're not going to agree to KO each other, both Mike and Roy know Tyson could seriously hurt him. It's just a money grab exhibition in a sports dead period.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Would have to see this. A big fan of both boxers back in the day and Iron Mike is still interesting
Ray Leonard was my guy. Hated seeing him hang on too long and take beatings from Camacho and Jones. I'll be pulling for Tyson. I have an interested relationship with Tyson. I was a huge fan when he was a rising prospect. Turned to hating him when he became champ, his ego exploded and he went to prison for sexual assault. I jumped for joy when Buster Douglas knocked him out and enjoyed the beatdowns he got later on. But I've come to kind of like him again. He's mellowed with age and recognized what an he was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom