Tyson Brown - New Director of Football Strength & Conditioning. | The Boneyard

Tyson Brown - New Director of Football Strength & Conditioning.

Reaction Score
Background thread: Director of Football Strength & Conditioning Matt King leaving UConn

“Brown comes to Storrs from Mississippi State University where he led the Bulldog football strength and conditioning program since the 2020 season. He was responsible for the design and implementation of every facet of the physical development for the football team, including the areas of injury reduction, sports science tracking, the development of speed, power, strength and football specific conditioning.”

Reaction Score
I was wondering why Tyson would leave a SEC school for a similar job at UConn but then I saw that a new head football coach was named in late November 2023 at Mississippi State. Seems like a good hire for UConn.

STARKVILLE – Jeff Lebby, a dynamic play caller and the mastermind behind many of college football's most feared offenses, has been named the 36th head football coach in Mississippi State history, Director of Athletics Zac Selmon announced Sunday.

Reaction Score
2023 first round pick Emmanuel Forbes was there for all 3 years with Brown. 2022 first round pick Charles Cross spent 2 years with him.

Cross gained between 20 and 25 lbs and got faster and stronger.

Forbes didn't actually gain weight, he lost 5 lbs and weighed in at 166 at the combine. Ran a 4.35 though and was extremely explosive in broad jump and vertical.

Reaction Score
These are great points! Team did well by MSU standards while he was there and he lasted 4 plus years. He was also considered to be a secret weapon while at WSU. Seems like a very strong hire.

Reaction Score
These are great points! Team did well by MSU standards while he was there and he lasted 4 plus years. He was also considered to be a secret weapon while at WSU. Seems like a very strong hire.
So why did he move on? Is this an equivalent job?

Reaction Score
I think it would be interesting to hear him respond in a truthful way and here his thoughts on what we look like and how we perform compared to the guys at his last job. I know it will never happen but that intrigues me.

Reaction Score
I think it would be interesting to hear him respond in a truthful way and here his thoughts on what we look like and how we perform compared to the guys at his last job. I know it will never happen but that intrigues me.
It would be interesting if we had anyone in the media who would think to interview him at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom