Tyson Brown - New Director of Football Strength & Conditioning. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyson Brown - New Director of Football Strength & Conditioning.

Reaction Score
I think it would be interesting to hear him respond in a truthful way and here his thoughts on what we look like and how we perform compared to the guys at his last job. I know it will never happen but that intrigues me.
Well, Randy did that when he came back and it was panned. Not sure that is ever a good idea and if you are asked, you mostly talk about their hard work and making guys bigger, stronger, faster.

Reaction Score
I prefer the Jerry Kill idea of football strong(coach speak). Football players looking like bodybuilders is likely meaningless.

Reaction Score
I prefer the Jerry Kill idea of football strong(coach speak). Football players looking like bodybuilders is likely meaningless.
being able to powerclean 400 isn't going to make them look like that. Doing needless weight for 20 reps to show you're a football player while messing with the rhabdo line will do that. Fewer reps at heavier weight, produces strength gains.

Reaction Score

Do you think Power Cleans preclude you from being football strong?

Reaction Score
Do you think Power Cleans preclude you from being football strong?
I do get what's he's saying though. The max reps are nice psychologically and can help push progress but a 1RM is useless for sports besides power lifting.

Reaction Score
I do get what's he's saying though. The max reps are nice psychologically and can help push progress but a 1RM is useless for sports besides power lifting.

That is objectively false.

Reaction Score
Yeah ok. Point me to where 1RM is useful

It's just a strength measure dude. How hard is this to get?

Football players all over the country are doing a 1RM. Of course you don't program exclusivley 1RM if you want to get strong.

Reaction Score
It's just a strength measure dude. How hard is this to get?

Football players all over the country are doing a 1RM. Of course you don't program exclusivley 1RM if you want to get strong.
Like I said it's a nice psychological motivator but it is functionally useless. Especially for sports. Sure you can base your standard rep weight off of it but you can also just base your rep weight off of... reps.

Volume is way more indicative of strength and fitness

Reaction Score
max reps are a waste of time, an absolute waste of time. so is a 1rm but the 1RM is more useful psychologically because you can brag about that. Max reps is also more likely to be damaging to an athletes.

I have no interest in damaging athletes. Do you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom