Tyrese Martin declares for the draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin declares for the draft

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Thank You Tyrese…Your gonna be missed. I hope a team has the balls to pick you up, cause I believe your game transfers to the current league play.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Tyrese strikes me as the kind of guy that will outwork more gifted players in order to force teams to take serious looks at him. There’s gotta be a GM out there interested in a skilled junk-yard dog with size. Wish him the best of luck - fun player to watch the past couple seasons.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Super tough kid who wasn’t afraid of the moment. I feel like he gave his all for us whenever he was out on the court. I wish him every possible success in the future and I look forward to following his pro career.

Thanks Tyrese!

Reaction Score
With the advent of CT sports betting, I’ve been watching a ton more NBA games this year than in the past few years…

Tyrese’s improvement arc over his time at UConn has been impressive.

From what I’ve seen, There’s no reason why he couldn’t get drafted in a later round, spend a year in the G league, and become a 5-10 min role player for an NBA team. He brings enough to the table with improved 3pt shooting, tough D, rebounding from the 2/3/4 position, hustle, and grit. Has a “glue guy” quality.

I wish him the best. Thrilled he was a Husky!

Reaction Score
Once a Husky always a Husky. Thanks so much for providing UConn with great basketball, effort, and toughness.

Tyrese has helped set the foundation for this program to bounce back.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Tyrese.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are lucky that Tyrese Martin played at the University of Connecticut. It was a privilege to root for someone that played so hard and with such passion. I wish him the best of luck in whatever his future holds.

Reaction Score
I do not know if he will make the NBA, but at his size , I think someone is definitely going to bring him into their summer camp.
definitely. And even if he plays in Spain, Italy, or Greece, those are top European leagues and their players get paid well. He will make a good living playing basketball somewhere. I couldn't be more pleased for the guy.

Reaction Score
Gritty kid who works hard. Don’t count him out of showing up on an NBA roster. He needs work but he’ll put the work in. Hope he does well. Super competitor.

Reaction Score
Guys. He’s going to be in the G league on a two-way or exhibit 10 deal next year.

I watch a ton of nba. Tyrese has size, length, strength to defend modern 2/3s and some stretch 4s. He also has a great shooting percentage. 43% from college 3 is excellent.

Think like a scout and GM. You need a 16th-17th development guy. What are you looking for? Cheap defense and 3-point shooting and a guy who is versatile and can play 2 positions.

Martin is 6-6, played high level major college, 14 ppg, 8 rpg from wing. Athletic, defensive oriented…shoots 43% from 3.

Size, length, athleticism, shooting. He’s an undrafted free agent and then is probably at an exhibit 10 deal (camp contract). If he does well, he is a two-way. If not, G League for a couple of years.

Reaction Score
With the advent of CT sports betting, I’ve been watching a ton more NBA games this year than in the past few years…

Tyrese’s improvement arc over his time at UConn has been impressive.

From what I’ve seen, There’s no reason why he couldn’t get drafted in a later round, spend a year in the G league, and become a 5-10 min role player for an NBA team. He brings enough to the table with improved 3pt shooting, tough D, rebounding from the 2/3/4 position, hustle, and grit. Has a “glue guy” quality.

I wish him the best. Thrilled he was a Husky!
He should get a shot somewhere, definitely G League. I follow the Pacers and I’d take Tyrese right now over some of the scrubs they’ve had on the roster this year

Reaction Score
Are human beings really that incapable of being gracious? If you couldn’t provide actual good wishes, what would cause you to pretend you’re doing so?
I did say Good luck and thanks! Also he made a good choice to go pro. I will leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Good luck! Proud to have him at UConn.

On another note it seems like Hurley and staff are having their exit/season end meetings. I doubt Martin would have announced this without discussing this first.

Hopefully that means we have more news about Cole and the rest of the roster by the end of the week.

Reaction Score
From Day 1, he indoctrinated himself to the "Husky Way": gave it his all every minute of every game he played. This was my favorite starting lineup in a long time and Tyrese is a big reason for that.

Reaction Score
Good luck! Proud to have him at UConn.

On another note it seems like Hurley and staff are having their exit/season end meetings. I doubt Martin would have announced this without discussing this first.

Hopefully that means we have more news about Cole and the rest of the roster by the end of the week.
Likely in 20 minutes...

Reaction Score
Go get 'em Rese - i expect nothing but success from someone that works as hard as he does! A great husky and a warrior that I loved to watch play. Can't wait to see where he goes from here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom