Tyrese Martin declares for the draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin declares for the draft

Reaction Score
I don't know if he is good enough to make the NBA. A question I have always wondered is that if you are guy that's good but not good enough to make the NBA, do you go the G-League route or Europe? I feel like playing in Europe would be more interesting. It would be much cooler to live in Barcelona, Madrid, Lyon, or somewhere in Greece or Italy than Des Moines or Delaware.

The problem is that most of the guys are not living in cool cities like Barcelona or Madrid. There are TONS of articles from former college players saying just how horrible it is playing in Europe at all but the highest levels. Even at the best teams, extended time away from home, language barriers, and being taken advantage of financially are rampant.

Reaction Score
Tyrese was one of my all-time favorite players as well...loved the aggressiveness, physicality, toughness and swagger he played with over his career. He outrebounded guys much bigger than him due to his passion and desire and will to rebound at all costs. Played hurt as well and turned into a great 3 point shooter as well. If I were a GM, I would want to have him on my team and thinks he deserves an opportunity to play in the NBA. If not, he will have a very successful career overseas.

Wish you the best Tyrese!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know if he is good enough to make the NBA. A question I have always wondered is that if you are guy that's good but not good enough to make the NBA, do you go the G-League route or Europe? I feel like playing in Europe would be more interesting. It would be much cooler to live in Barcelona, Madrid, Lyon, or somewhere in Greece or Italy than Des Moines or Delaware.

I think you try the G League.

Reaction Score
Guess I’ll share again a person “in the know” told me out of all the UConn players, he also liked Martin the best for this year. He has fans in NBA circles it seems, how far it takes him will be interesting to follow.
The weakest parts of his game should be somewhat easy to improve, ball handling and finishing. His shot is decent, and I’d say he needs to continue to work on that, especially off the dribble

Reaction Score
The problem is that most of the guys are not living in cool cities like Barcelona or Madrid. There are TONS of articles from former college players saying just how horrible it is playing in Europe at all but the highest levels. Even at the best teams, extended time away from home, language barriers, and being taken advantage of financially are rampant.
Plus not every kid fresh out of college want to or is ready to move overseas. I'm sure it scares the hell out of some.

Reaction Score
i can see him making a nba team. he's the prototypical 2 guard who defends

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Loved this kid. He gave it his all. Played way above his ability and then really improved his ability. He's active back home in the community and was quoted as saying "I get offended when someone gets a rebound over me."

Reaction Score
He should get a shot somewhere, definitely G League. I follow the Pacers and I’d take Tyrese right now over some of the scrubs they’ve had on the roster this year

Fellow Pacers guy here. I’d take him over Justin Anderson for sure

Reaction Score
Fellow Pacers guy here. I’d take him over Justin Anderson for sure
Agreed, they had the dude from Butler, Kelan Martin, earlier too. He will definitely have a chance to prove himself

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom