tyler polley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

tyler polley

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Stay in your lane, of all the posters on this board you have no platform to speak from.
Stay in my line? You are a child. Relax kid just eat your crow like everyone else. But don’t get big and bad on the internet.

Reaction Score
Well, the sad state of things now is we need Polley and Whaley to play well for us to win. They’ve both regressed the past couple of weeks which has led to some losses. If Polley hits a few of those open looks yesterday we’d all be on here discussing how good we’ll be when Bouk is back. Unfortunate turn of events and a rough couple days for the program. Bouk was on track to return yesterday until a minor setback this weekend. I do expect this will be a minor setback. That being said, our seniors need to step up and play better.
“Minor setback” doubling down I see

Reaction Score
“Minor setback” doubling down I see
Don’t be dumb, I can guarantee you that you have no idea what you’re talking about. Up until Sunday afternoon he was 100% playing against PC. Anyone can get lucky once. You clearly don’t know who I am, and I prefer we keep it that way. It’s because of idiots like you that people with real info on the program are hesitant to post info here.

Reaction Score
Don’t be dumb, I can guarantee you that you have no idea what you’re talking about. Up until Sunday afternoon he was 100% playing against PC. Anyone can get lucky once. You clearly don’t know who I am, and I prefer we keep it that way. It’s because of idiots like you that people with real info on the program are hesitant to post info here.
Sounds familiar

Reaction Score
The truth is we will need Tyler to hit shots if the team is to be competitive the remainder of the season. I'm not giving up on him or the team. I believe Polley will get his stroke back and finish the year closer to 40% on 3s. But Coach needs to sit him if he's cold because he offers little else

Reaction Score
all these pc game threads, yet none captioned Tyler Phommachanh. someone had to point out the obvious mastadon in the room, so it might as well be me. let's start with his actual record of accomplishment lo these 4 years. not much. at all.

blather on. or not. his record still be true. truly bad.
All I know without him we have two more losses. Should he be carrying a team,
absolutely not . But someone had to step up,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can we try to guess who you are?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Sounds familiar
Now come on guys, no need to fight. We are all in this together here and your info is appreciated.

Reaction Score
He's our best three point shooter, are we supposed to pretend he's not?

I don't think anyone has ever accused him of being able to create his own shots.

he was 1 for 8 last game. If that’s our best 3 point shooter we don’t have anyone who can reliably shoot threes. from my perspective we don’t have any 3 point shooters. Considering how import a weapon the 3 point shot is in today’s game, I’ll say we are grossly deficit in this aspect of the game.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Can we try to guess who you are?
betty white! amiright? what do i win?
or mebbe charles nelson reilly? george gobel?
how aboot that portly guy from smokey and the bandit?
and speaking of sheriffs, sheriff roscoe p coltrane?
boss hogg? what do i win?

(hmmm, there seems to be a pantload of tv types in my list...thanks for the education, great gramms. lol.)
and how do you get one of those jobs where you just show up on the game show circuit? do ya just have to know that bowzer guy?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He may not but there are people who do know who you are. It’s funny that your doing this on the internet.

Reaction Score
He may not but there are people who do know who you are. It’s funny that your doing this on the internet.
Share if you know please. Would love to go and introduce myself.

Reactions: THC

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Now come on guys, no need to fight. We are all in this together here and your info is appreciated.
I agree with you
It's like a high stakes source-off
Instead of haiku

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Share if you know please. Would love to go and introduce myself.

Waiting GIF

Reaction Score
There isn't much to say, as a basketball player he's just a three point shooter. He's usually a good shooter when he gets open looks but almost always struggles to get open. Yesterday he got open a bunch and missed almost everything.
It’s amazing what a bad pump fake would do for him to get open due to his one dimensional play. His stride is long enough to get him 6-8’ of space for shot. He needs to get to the line more to contribute if he’s not hitting 3s. Otherwise he’s just not participating. He’s just like a tail on a dog.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
to quote an earlier post:
'well, we're waiting!'
actually, i'm not waiting. i checked out of by mania on 'sir stop touching me' years ago.
yesterday:
3 shots, 3 points, 2 boards, 25 minutes.
he really beasted on that one board where the ball fell calmly while he and another husky had time to discuss who should pick it off of the floor. tyler apparently convinced the other guy that he needed it to stuff his stat sheet.

now, what's the excuse this week? this old one is plumb worn out after 4 years.
Chuck Jackson - Any Day Now (Great clip from 1965) - YouTube
the plot, so far this season:
around 320 minutes played, 12 o boards, 7 dimes, 4 steals, 3 blocks, 16 fta's. domination! nba!

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey! look what i found! apparently sir absolutely nothing is number 4 on the alltime aac conference list for turnover percentage! check out who else is on that hallowed list:
American Athletic Conference Career Leaders and Records for Turnover Percentage | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com (sports-reference.com)
now, he's in a new conference, so how's he doing?
Turnover Percentage
2020-21 Big East 4.2 (1st)
Career AAC 9.2 (4th)
3 Seasons in Top 20
Tyler Polley College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com (sports-reference.com)
he's number 1! he's number 1! and, a senior no less. imagine that. who knew such greatness is among us?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
he was 1 for 8 last game. If that’s our best 3 point shooter we don’t have anyone who can reliably shoot threes. from my perspective we don’t have any 3 point shooters. Considering how import a weapon the 3 point shot is in today’s game, I’ll say we are grossly deficit in this aspect of the game.
Couldn't agree more
WE HAVE NO ONE WHO CAN RELIABLY SHOOT THE 3
It seems to be part of DH's philosophy of an effective offense

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more
WE HAVE NO ONE WHO CAN RELIABLY SHOOT THE 3
It seems to be part of DH's philosophy of an effective offense
that's not fair. mr martin is a top % 3 shooter in b.e. stats. i also believe james, jalen, and rj, should jack them when comfortably open. well, not 'comfortably open' for james. he should bomb away whenever he feels it.

Reaction Score
Other really good players, sometimes you hear them talk about their shot not falling and just looking for ways to contribute to the team in other ways. He doesn’t.

Reaction Score
Other really good players, sometimes you hear them talk about their shot not falling and just looking for ways to contribute to the team in other ways. He doesn’t.
As we all get older, we become more resistant to change. He is not old in years, but older in resistance to change, starting ate age 18 and approaching age 22.

The adage applies apparently in his case.

Too bad because he seems able to dribble to the basket when he wants to and has brought the ball upcourt when he has gotten a rare rebound .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom