tyler polley | The Boneyard

tyler polley

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
all these pc game threads, yet none captioned Tyler Phommachanh. someone had to point out the obvious mastadon in the room, so it might as well be me. let's start with his actual record of accomplishment lo these 4 years. not much. at all.

blather on. or not. his record still be true. truly bad.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was surprised as well that there wasn't a What's Up With Polley? thread. He stunk bad.

Reaction Score
all these pc game threads, yet none captioned Tyler Phommachanh. someone had to point out the obvious mastadon in the room, so it might as well be me. let's start with his actual record of accomplishment lo these 4 years. not much. at all.

blather on. or not. his record still be true. truly bad.

it's been said before about his playing time and lack of production but he isnt shooting himself out of this slump. Starting and then putting up a 2-12 fg %, I get if he did a lot of other things well, mainly rebounding, ball handling, passing or creating his own shot but we really haven't seen it outside the Marquette game. Not sure if it's confidence or what but this team cant really afford people playing major minutes or starting that are searching for their shot, unfortunately. Was easier to hide him when the focus was on bouknight or another hot hand and he can come off the bench for some sniper shooting.

Reaction Score
It was covered in over threads. He was awful last night, and was the single biggest factor why we lost. It's unfortunate that other than his three good halves after Bouk's injury he hasn't even been able to live up to the adequate level of play he gave us last year before blowing his knee out.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was surprised as well that there wasn't a What's Up With Polley? thread. He stunk bad.
There isn't much to say, as a basketball player he's just a three point shooter. He's usually a good shooter when he gets open looks but almost always struggles to get open. Yesterday he got open a bunch and missed almost everything.

Reaction Score
I wonder why he doesn’t drive to the rim given the fact that he’s a decent FT shooter. In his high scoring games that’s what he did! Albeit he is coming off an injured season, but doesn’t take away his games against Marquette or Butler. He played well because he was making tough plays.

We all love Tyler Phommachanh but he’s been one of our major problem areas where if he plays bad without Bouk, we lose. Hurley &co. needs to keep a close eye on his stat sheet during the game and give other guys opportunities to make something happen.

Reaction Score
When he isn't making 3's, there isn't much he provides on the court. We've seen this year he is not a good one-on-one defender, can't rebound, and isn't athletic enough to get open off of off-ball screens consistently (see the Seton Hall game).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Consider this. From Polley and Adams yesterday combined

34 minutes
5 points
2-12 FG
1-8 3 Pt
0-0 FT
2 rebounds
0 PF
0 Assists
0 Turnovers
0 Blocks
0 Steals

As others have pointed out, any number above zero belongs to Polley as Adams had a big sombrero across the board.
These are the numbers of the starting 2G and his replacement (I'll let others debate whether it was Polley or Martin starting at the 2).

Reaction Score
Polley flashed something special for a couple of games but that's gone.....he should go back and watch those games over and over that he shot well and see if he can find a spark or something to finish the season.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is the problem with the BY. Polley has had <10 good games in his entire career, yet we label him as our dependable knockdown 3pt shooter.

Limit your expectations. If he was a high caliber shooter he makes big shots continuously. Polley is who he is, a streaky jump shooter who can’t get his own shot. That ain’t changing in Year 4.

Reaction Score
This is the problem with the BY. Polley has had <10 good games in his entire career, yet we label him as our dependable knockdown 3pt shooter.

Limit your expectations. If he was a high caliber shooter he makes big shots continuously. Polley is who he is, a streaky jump shooter who can’t get his own shot. That ain’t changing in Year 4.

You're dead wrong. His game has always been limited. But he played half a season last year and shot 40% from three. You can call that streaky, but over a significant number of games, on average, he was very good at 3 point shooting.

Reaction Score
Well, the sad state of things now is we need Polley and Whaley to play well for us to win. They’ve both regressed the past couple of weeks which has led to some losses. If Polley hits a few of those open looks yesterday we’d all be on here discussing how good we’ll be when Bouk is back. Unfortunate turn of events and a rough couple days for the program. Bouk was on track to return yesterday until a minor setback this weekend. I do expect this will be a minor setback. That being said, our seniors need to step up and play better.

Reaction Score

He's our best three point shooter, are we supposed to pretend he's not?

I don't think anyone has ever accused him of being able to create his own shots.

Reaction Score
It was covered in over threads. He was awful last night, and was the single biggest factor why we lost. It's unfortunate that other than his three good halves after Bouk's injury he hasn't even been able to live up to the adequate level of play he gave us last year before blowing his knee out.
Single biggest factor... when did we start playing 1 on 5? He had help stinking the place up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Freshman 41.7%
Sophomore 38.0%
Junior 40.5%
Senior 35.0%

This season so far is his worst 3 pt shooting year.

He had plenty of open looks with feet set and shoulders squared up yesterday. He stunk it up.

Reaction Score
Maybe he got sensitive about the negative posts on the BY after initially being touted as a possible pro player by some of the posters.

Or, maybe without Bouk to take the pressure off him, he couldn't handle tight defense and it got so much into his head that he couldn't make open shots because he "heard footsteps" as the saying goes in football. He almost felt defense must be coming any moment now.

Competition is better this year. Defended by better players.

Or, maybe no explanation at all. 23 point second half was the outlier, or the flash in the pan.

Reaction Score

34 minutes
5 points
2-12 FG
1-8 3 Pt
0-0 FT
2 rebounds
0 PF
0 Assists
0 Turnovers
0 Blocks
0 Steals

As others have pointed out, any number above zero belongs to Polley as Adams had a big sombrero across the board.
These are the numbers of the starting 2G and his replacement (I'll let others debate whether it was Polley or Martin starting at the 2).
Well, no turnovers and no fouls, meaning no points scored by PC from their turning it over, and no personal fouls so no PC points from the foul line attributed to them.

However, these two had plenty of "fowl" shooting.

And the average: 1 point scored every 7 minutes. Rarified air.

Reaction Score
When he isn’t hitting shots he contributes nothing else.. and on top of that he struggles to get open looks to hit shots

Reaction Score

34 minutes
5 points
2-12 FG
1-8 3 Pt
0-0 FT
2 rebounds
0 PF
0 Assists
0 Turnovers
0 Blocks
0 Steals

That is simply stunning. Wow

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Well, the sad state of things now is we need Polley and Whaley to play well for us to win. They’ve both regressed the past couple of weeks which has led to some losses. If Polley hits a few of those open looks yesterday we’d all be on here discussing how good we’ll be when Bouk is back. Unfortunate turn of events and a rough couple days for the program. Bouk was on track to return yesterday until a minor setback this weekend. I do expect this will be a minor setback. That being said, our seniors need to step up and play better.

did you apologize to that guy @Abe1 ? Don’t join the infamous list of posters who talk a big game then don’t back it up

Reaction Score
did you apologize to that guy @Abe1 ? Don’t join the infamous list of posters who talk a big game then don’t back it up
Stay in your lane, of all the posters on this board you have no platform to speak from.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom