Tyler Polley | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley

Reaction Score
He needs to become more consistent particularly on the offensive end. Good form on the jumper yet doesnt make that many. We need him to become a better player.

Reaction Score
He needs to become more consistent particularly on the offensive end. Good form on the jumper yet doesnt make that many. We need him to become a better player.
This has been the story since the Syracuse game.

Reaction Score
My 9 year old calls him “Timid” Polley. For reference, my son loves Edelman. I think Tyler plays soft and scared a lot but the talent is there to be a really strong bench player on a great team and maybe a solid starter as a Sr. He gets pushed around too easily right now. Has a really pretty stroke i wish he’d look for it more.

Reaction Score
Something about Polley's shot is off and inconsistent. I think it might be the way he lines it up. One hand (dominant one) has to be lined up properly to be consistent. Hope he figures it out.

Reaction Score
Polley kills me. How bout that play in the first half where there was a scramble for the ball near mid court and he had it for one second then(I was like OK you go polley) but then he had the ball ripped away - he so damn week.

Reaction Score
Polley, Brendan Admas and Wilson were all given significant minutes tonight and not one of them contributed anything.
2-17 tells the whole story about those 3. They were 1-8 from 3. Yikes!

Reaction Score
You can almost see Sid thinking out there. Should I shoot? Should I drive? Should I pass? He just kind of freezes.
Yeah and coupled that with not having a tight dribble to get some leverage when driving he looks shaky out there at times.

Reaction Score
Look at his line on the box score for 29 minutes tonight. Rather than dissect it I think it’s time to just move on next year. This is not UCONN’s starting forward next year and if he is we are in trouble. I want someone better, Tyler can come off the bench and hopefully make some 3’s, maybe. and that means that Hurley has his recruiting work cut out for him. He can’t be happy with his progress.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched him closely, but I wonder if Hurley instructs him to stay out of the paint in order to draw the opposing team's PF out so the likes of CV can sneak in and grab more rebounds. How else does one explain his anti-rebounding? Its more than just weak hands.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's a complete no show when his shot isn't falling but Hurley is giving him the minutes. Which means there isn't anyone pushing him to the bench.

One rebound, no assists, no steals, no blocks, no FT attempts, no points. Heck, not even a turnover.

1549512111773.png

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I still think he has the tools to become a very good 3 and D player. An offseason of HARD work physically will do him a world of good. I think Sid eventually takes him over, or another recruit. But I think he still has a lot of value in this program and will be much better a year from now.

But we certainly need to upgrade talent at that position. That doesn't mean Polley can't be a good piece of our future, though.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He's a complete no show when his shot isn't falling but Hurley is giving him the minutes. Which means there isn't anyone pushing him to the bench.

One rebound, no assists, no steals, no blocks, no FT attempts, no points. Heck, not even a turnover.

View attachment 39290
Only positive is that the scouting report on him is that he can make threes so our spacing for entry passes to Carlton and dribble penetration is better. But he has been a ghost, you can’t have a player on the floor doing nothing. Frustrating that we can’t play Akok here to get him some experience. Start Wilson.

Reaction Score
His job on offense certainly is to draw cover which certainly hurts his offense rebounding. His defensive assignment will dictate where he plays .
but he should be getting some. I think physicality is his problem and that can be fixed.

Reaction Score
Without a creator in the game, do not expect much from Polley.

I think this is really the issue. The two players best known for the distributing the ball and creating for themselves and others were out. Hurley has stated Polley is a good shooter and believes in him, but if he has to create for himself it isn't going to go well.

I would not knock him based on today's game alone.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He is what he is.

He’s a top-125 type player who lost his freshman year with the rest of these guys.

Don’t know what his ceiling is, but I’d like to see him next year with a full year under Hurley and another offseason in the improved strengthening program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom