Tyler Polley & Isaiah Whaley Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley & Isaiah Whaley Appreciation Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Way before he went off scoring I did notice Polley was way more active on defense and moving his feet to stay in front of his man.

Like everyone else I had no idea an offensive bludgeoning was coming but Polley was acting active defense for first time this year.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
this is the new normal
This was what he looked like in the game before he tore his ACL. Aggressive and showing off an arsenal of offensive moves, not just spotting up from 3.

Tonight: 23 pts, 8-12 fg, 5-8 3pt, 2-3 ft, 4 reb, 1 ast, 24 min
Jan 8, 2020 against Tulane: 19 pts, 7-15 fg, 2-7 3pt, 3-5 ft, 11 reb, 0 ast, 35 min

Reaction Score
They were great. I love the energy Whaley brought at the beginning of the run. When Polley is patient and under control at both ends he is a big plus for the team.

There were a couple of minor things that stood out, too. I loved that Bouknight realized Polley had the hot hand and he set a great screen after a curl to get Polley open for a corner three. Loved Polley being unselfish and realizing the defense was coming. Then he dumped it to Whaley for the dunk. And Whaley taking a step forward in the middle to get the pass from Bouk, it wasn't clean, but that one step prevented a turnover. Then he had the presence to hit Polley for another corner three.

Polley is so important on offense because of the spacing he can create for others.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
A 6’9” guy who has that smooth a stroke from 3 is a weapon. The team needs to find him, and having that weapon on the perimeter opens up the lane

Isaiah Whaley has great BBIQ. When he’s not in foul trouble he gets it done.

Reaction Score
His ball handling was great too!
That’s what I was impressed with as well.. him leading the break that resulted in the and 1 and a few other plays showed a very improved handle.. that’s tough at 6’9 to go along with that jumper

Reaction Score
This was what he looked like in the game before he tore his ACL. Aggressive and showing off an arsenal of offensive moves, not just spotting up from 3.

Tonight: 23 pts, 8-12 fg, 5-8 3pt, 2-3 ft, 4 reb, 1 ast, 24 min
Jan 8, 2020 against Tulane: 19 pts, 7-15 fg, 2-7 3pt, 3-5 ft, 11 reb, 0 ast, 35 min
And against an opponent much better than Tulane!

Reaction Score
Whaley is just such an elite defensive player on the high ball screen and with his hedges. Some of the quickest, most accurate hands at stabbing at the ball and making steals during his hedges.

This is no secret now...every team we play is darn well aware of it and I guarantee they try to prep for it as much as possible during practices.

But come game time, he still wreaks havoc on them...

Reaction Score
Whaley is just such an elite defensive player on the high ball screen and with his hedges. Some of the quickest, most accurate hands at stabbing at the ball and making steals during his hedges.

This is no secret now...every team we play is darn well aware of it and I guarantee they try to prep for it as much as possible during practices.

But come game time, he still wreaks havoc on them...
Agree with you.. Also think teams underestimate his foot speed.. Helps him on D/hedging..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom