Tyler Polley has a chance to be an nba player | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley has a chance to be an nba player

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well at least this time he didn't post that UConn is going undefeated the rest of the season on the way to the National Championship.
Problem is, posters who haven't previously sampled the Scrappy brand are more inclined to earnestly weigh in on the merits of the OP, resulting in some cold water splashed on Tyler on a day when he had 15 points, 5 boards, and made the 3s that provided the separation that set up the win.

Reaction Score
He’s got fantastic size and length for a 2-3 and a pure shot that has true nba 3 point depth. If he can expand to utilize some dribble drive skills he’s going to be a late 1 early 2 in 2 years
No

Reaction Score
I think he could help the Blazers more than the nose pickers boy Carmelo.

Reaction Score
He’s got fantastic size and length for a 2-3 and a pure shot that has true nba 3 point depth. If he can expand to utilize some dribble drive skills he’s going to be a late 1 early 2 in 2 years

Seriously ????? Oh wait, it's you that posted this.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Nope. doesn't create his own shot. doesn't dominate even mediocre opposition

Reaction Score
There is too much thinking in Tyler's game and not enough reacting. He is halfway though his college career. if he becomes a bit more instinctive, he will play much quicker.

Reaction Score
If Deandre Daniels isn't an NBA player then I don't see any way Tyler is making it there. Loved his game yesterday though and that shot could earn him quite a lot of money in Europe.

Reaction Score
Tyler has 2 years left. I hope he improves enough to be given a shot. It's not a completely wacky notion.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pretty sure he’ll be a late second rounder. This year I’m hoping to get selected in the second round too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley is nowhere even close to an NBA player.

Currently true. Fortunately the OP said he has a chance. Real hot take with no risk if it doesn't pan out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And, OBTW, shame on all of you for failing to get a Lloyd and Harry Dumb and Dumber, "so you're telling me there's a chance" meme in here.

Image result for so you're saying there's a chance gif

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Scrappy has returned with a haymaker! love to see that.

Reaction Score
I'd say Daniels sniffed the league

He never made a Day 1 NBA roster, let alone played in a game.

He was drafted to be designated to g-league/overseas. Had some injuries, then got invited to a couple training camps. But 35% of people invited to training camps don't end up on active NBA rosters, so that's only slightly exciting

So yeah, you could quibble about whether a training camp invite and drafted in 2nd round is sniffing. He never got over the hump is the point, and Polley is worse at just about everything than him (except about equal shooting).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He never made a Day 1 NBA roster, let alone played in a game.

He was drafted to be designated to g-league/overseas. Had some injuries, then got invited to a couple training camps. But 35% of people invited to training camps don't end up on active NBA rosters, so that's only slightly exciting

So yeah, you could quibble about whether a training camp invite and drafted in 2nd round is sniffing. He never got over the hump is the point, and Polley is worse at just about everything than him (except about equal shooting).

Polley is a better pure spot up three point shooter. But everything else in that post is spot on.

I'll be positively shocked if he's drafted. Maybe he gets a camp invite because he's 6'9 and can shoot the 3. But he has the chance to be a well paid Euro, so he should just go there and maximize his earnings.

Reaction Score
3 and D guys make a fortune in today's NBA. Tyler is tall and can shoot well, which are two important attributes to being a good NBA roleplayer, but there are so many aspects of his game that have a long way to go.

It's important to remember that in the NBA, even the roleplayers were superstars in college. Remember Semi Ojeleye? He absolutely destroyed the AAC that one year - conference player of the year, good athlete with an almost LeBron-esque build, good defender, shot 42% from three, high IQ, etc - and is only barely in the rotation for the Celtics three years in.

Reaction Score
Sooo you’re telling me there’s a chance...

In all seriousness, Tyler Phommachanh will need to become an absolute assassin from the three point line for any chance of flirting with an NBA team. He doesn’t rebound well at all for his size and is still inconsistent shooting and on defense. We’ll see what happens but I’m a doubter on this prediction.

Reaction Score
I like Tyler especially that guy that came a bit out of his shell yesterday. But he has a long way to go before he and the NBA are in the same sentence. Having said that he got a lot closer to becoming a solid basketball player for the Huskies yesterday just needs to bring it every game, as they all do!

Reaction Score
When Hurley talks about needing swagger and excitement Tyler Phommachanh is Exhibit A. A tougher demeanor would also improve his game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom