Tyler P starting QB | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler P starting QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tyler is a bit like Pindell. He will give us some good plays, but he is not a pure passer. He is going start over Steven Krajewski because of a horrible OL. I’d rather see them both out there in a 2QB set like New Orleans. Both are excellent players and need to be on the field.

Reaction Score
was wondering the same thing. Maybe he came in, watched a practice and said "Why isn't this kid starting?"
I don’t mean to be redundant, but I’m with Rosebud, Krajewski is a genuine FBS QB. I just see it. We have two talented QBs.

Reaction Score
I don’t mean to be redundant, but I’m with Rosebud, Krajewski is a genuine FBS QB. I just see it. We have two talented QBs.
He’s a high quality QB who is screwed with this situation. He’s a reasonably mobile drop back QB that would thrive on any team with a decent OLine.

Reaction Score
He’s a high quality QB who is screwed with this situation. He’s a reasonably mobile drop back QB that would thrive on any team with a decent OLine.
Eaxactly so to take this kids job from him again when he’s hurt is messed up. If anything put him in let him get his film don’t burn Tyler Phommachanh redshirt and let him move on. Then start the rebuild around Tyler Phommachanh. Tyler Phommachanh played good against the back ups and there may be something there after being coached up. Steven Krajewski had Atleast two Poetential tds dropped. Not to mention the drops that would have moved the chains in Purdue territory. For this of you concerned about his mobility how bout when he had that play action pass where both ends were in the backfield when he set up. Escaped both guys fired the ball 30 yards down field just to go through the receivers hands. He deserves a couple games before a decision is made.

Reaction Score
Eaxactly so to take this kids job from him again when he’s hurt is messed up. If anything put him in let him get his film don’t burn Tyler Phommachanh redshirt and let him move on. Then start the rebuild around Tyler Phommachanh. Tyler Phommachanh played good against the back ups and there may be something there after being coached up. Steven Krajewski had Atleast two Poetential tds dropped. Not to mention the drops that would have moved the chains in Purdue territory. For this of you concerned about his mobility how bout when he had that play action pass where both ends were in the backfield when he set up. Escaped both guys fired the ball 30 yards down field just to go through the receivers hands. He deserves a couple games before a decision is made.
Unfortunately, for where we are Tyler Phommachanh probably fits the need because he can escape the onslaught and seems to have some ability to find open receivers and also run. The dual threat mitigates our terrible OL. But, I disagree with many that he throws a great ball. Steven Krajewski throws considerably better. It’s doesn’t matter if he doesn’t have a pocket to throw from.

Reaction Score
Yall are also the most fair weather fans maybe in all of sports. Just last week everyone is ranting and raving about Steven Krajewski. Kid gets hurt, a backup comes in a performs against the reserve players and it’s bench the kid who played well against our hardest opponent. Jack Zergiotis got how many chances Steven Krajewski gonna get one game? Let him get a few games that he has earned with his work on and off the field if he doesn’t work out use Tyler Phommachanh for the last three games so he doesn’t lose his red shirt let Steven Krajewski move on and start another rebuild around him. But y’all crack me up kid plays a decent half and people start comparing him to Russel Wilson

Reaction Score
I hope they play both Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh next week and then make a decision about who to start going into the "winnable" part of the schedule.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, for where we are Tyler Phommachanh probably fits the need because he can escape the onslaught and seems to have some ability to find open receivers and also run. The dual threat mitigates our terrible OL. But, I disagree with many that he throws a great ball. Steven Krajewski throws considerably better. It’s doesn’t matter if he doesn’t have a pocket to throw from.
I think it’s great to have them both, they really compliment each other depending on the defense we’re up against. Tyler might not be the passer that Krajewski is, but he definitely can move the offense even with a weak offensive line.

Reaction Score
I hope they play both Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh next week and then make a decision about who to start going into the "winnable" part of the schedule.
Not gonna happen. Spanos has already decided that.

Reaction Score
This. Get creative and put your best players on the field.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but next week is winnable. I mean, who the heck is Wyoming? ;) (Slight sarcasm font)

Reaction Score
No. Make a good selection for head coach, an offensive minded HC, and UConn will improve rapidly.
Considering we haven’t been very successful on the line it makes sense to have a dual threat QB. You’re not wrong. But he’s young and we aren’t going to a bowl this year. Let him develop and allow the staff to make decisions based on how he plays. They can do that with any QB but it would save our pocket passing QB’s from getting lit up every play.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but next week is winnable. I mean, who the heck is Wyoming? ;) (Slight sarcasm font

Wyoming? Why not?

Reaction Score
Nobody has locked down the QB job yet, to say the least, as we’ve had tons of trouble moving the ball. Krajewski is the most accurate passer of the three QBs we’ve seen. Tyler Phommachanh is the best athlete, and really the only dual threat at the position. Krajewski can move decently but he’s not really a dual threat guy, not to mention he’s had a few injuries already. Tyler Phommachanh had some nice throws- several of which were dropped- but he also had a substantial amount of misses. Interestingly, Zergiotis is both the least accurate of the three, as well as the least mobile. I think the only thing that’s clear at this point is Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh (in some order) should be ahead of Zergiotis, though it must be noted that we’ve had a small sample of the first two guys.

Side note: Did anybody else notice the analyst for today’s game? I think his name was Ross Tucker. It’s his second or third UConn game of the year and I think he really does a nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom