Tyler Olander | The Boneyard

Tyler Olander

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Sounds weird , but I felt great about the team when I saw Tyler Olander cheering on his teammates from the bench. He's a senior who started as a freshman, now he's essentially a bench reserve player. Instead of moping, he was supporting guys like Brimah and Nolan during the main stretches of the game. Tyler was on his feet at the end of the game as well and wanted guys like kentan, tor and leon to score when we were up. He has uconn in his blood and knows that he needs to be ten toes in for a 2014 title. I'm proud of that, and think he's a much more mature player than he was a year ago. Impressive.

Reaction Score
I thought it was also encouraging to see Omar on his feet cheering his team. He is in a terrible slump but I think he can be a really important player for us his junior and senior season. He was really good before his surgery last year

Reaction Score
This team needs chemistry to win. It is always a good sign to see them cheering on the sidelines. Nice to know OC was into the game and stopped pouting about not starting- he looked like he had a crap in his shorts the last couple of games before this one.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
TO actually started yesterday so I wouldnt say hes a bench reserve... probably the last collegiate start of his career though after good showings from Nolan and Brimah.

Omar can't sulk, and I'm glad he's not. He'll get through this slump.

Yesterday this team looked like they were having fun out there for the first time in a long time. It was great to see. I think all of the close games had been getting to the team and it was a relief to have control over the 2nd half of a game for once.

Reaction Score
I noticed how happy Tyler was for Amida when he finished the pick and roll with Bazz - he was standing, clapping smiling like a proud brother! Good stuff I agree…...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This team needs chemistry to win. It is always a good sign to see them cheering on the sidelines. Nice to know OC was into the game and stopped pouting about not starting- he looked like he had a crap in his shorts the last couple of games before this one.
I'm not sure OC is pouting about where he's on the bench. It's more about how he's playing. Kid is Husky blue. He could have bailed but wanted UConn. Don't confuse his pouting as selfish.

Reaction Score
My mem
Sounds weird , but I felt great about the team when I saw Tyler Olander cheering on his teammates from the bench. He's a senior who started as a freshman, now he's essentially a bench reserve player. Instead of moping, he was supporting guys like Brimah and Nolan during the main stretches of the game. Tyler was on his feet at the end of the game as well and wanted guys like kentan, tor and leon to score when we were up. He has uconn in his blood and knows that he needs to be ten toes in for a 2014 title. I'm proud of that, and think he's a much more mature player than he was a year ago. Impressive.
Preface: I love ur posts. However in my advanced years I have vague recollection of a young man who in our last NC season possibly scored the first basket in the national semi and again in the championship game. Now I still play a little hoop weekend warrior style and I like the KO philosophy of punch first. It sends a subtle message early before things get a little clearer. He has always been a team player, playing at not only his home state but home town national power team. So although he may not be a five star recruit I recognize the heart and want to that he is. A bench reserve player he may be but he starts on my team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom