Tyler Olander is gonna be the new Ed Nelson. | The Boneyard

Tyler Olander is gonna be the new Ed Nelson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think we'll ever see another Ed Nelson.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im a little bit country
i love 2 play ball
that why i got my jerzey retired on the wall

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Well I think that was needlessly cruel.

Reaction Score
He was better than Ed last year. Ed's best days were is freshman year at GTech. Unless Tyler stops improving, he will easily surpass Ed.

Reaction Score
He was better than Ed last year. Ed's best days were is freshman year at GTech. Unless Tyler stops improving, he will easily surpass Ed.
Yeah, really. I see Tyler as a talented shooter. He'll get plenty of minutes. I don't get the comparison at all.

Reaction Score
Agreed? No. TO was much better his freshman season that Ed Nelson ever was.

Reaction Score

I like TO as a player and all, but Ed was about a 3ppg guy and TO was 1.5ppg last year, so I don't see a basis for that argument.

Reaction Score
Ed was a 3ppg guy after he had a year at Gtech. I bet TO does better then that in his second year.

Reaction Score
He said "TO was much better his freshman season that Ed Nelson ever was."

Reaction Score
Yo, check this out: black guys drive a car like this. [Leans back, as though his elbow were on the windowsill] Do, do, ch. Do-be-do, do-be-do-be-do. Yeah, but white guys, see, they drive a car like this. [Hunches forward, talks nasally] Dee-da-dee, a-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee. [Audience howls with laughter] Homer: Ah ha ha, it's true, it's true! We're so lame!

Reaction Score
He said "TO was much better his freshman season that Ed Nelson ever was."
When TO played he had more of an impact then EN ever did. I don't remember EN making any big shots. We was a decent rebounder but TO has more talent and in my opinion was a better player last year than EN ever was at Uconn.

Reaction Score
He needs a few more reps in the buffet line before he can claim Ed Nelson status.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Here we go. Another argument based on not understanding what was written.

The Question: Was TO's freshman year at UConn better than EN's year at GT.

Answer: Yes and No

Yes: Tyler got a championship ring and ED didn't in their respective freshmen years.

No: TO was a 1.5 ppg guy his freshman year at UConn. ED was a 3ppg guy at GT his freshman year.

What happens TO's next three years is unknown. But most people in this thread believe his upside will be greater than Ed's upside.

Reaction Score
Tyler was not even close to as good as Nelson was as a freshman. Nelson averaged 8.5 pts and 7 rbs and was ACC rookie of the year!!!

Nelson was a beast!

Tyler might be as good or better though.

They are different players. Nelson was more of a bruiser, while TO is sorta a finesse player who can shoot from teh outside much better.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Tyler was not even close to as good as Nelson was as a freshman. Nelson averaged 8.5 pts and 7 rbs and was ACC rookie of the year!!!

Nelson was a beast!

Tyler might be as good or better though.

They are different players. Nelson was more of a bruiser, while TO is sorta a finesse player who can shoot from teh outside much better.
You are becoming a poster I enjoy reading.

Reaction Score
Here we go. Another argument based on not understanding what was written.

The Question: Was TO's freshman year at UConn better than EN's year at GT.

Answer: Yes and No

Yes: Tyler got a championship ring and ED didn't in their respective freshmen years.

No: TO was a 1.5 ppg guy his freshman year at UConn. ED was a 3ppg guy at GT his freshman year.

What happens TO's next three years is unknown. But most people in this thread believe his upside will be greater than Ed's upside.

You apparently didn't understand what was written, either, because the question you got out of it was never asked (or stated) here, either.

What you're referring to two posts:

Here where he only says that Ed's best days were at GTech, not here. He doesn't compare the two players' freshman seasons.

And this guy who thinks TO's 1.5 ppg season is better than Ed Nelson "ever was," that is: his whole career.

This is of course ridiculous since Nelson had two seasons at GT averaging over 8 points and 6 rebounds per game.

I think TO can reach those averages eventually, but he certainly didn't do it last season. And it wasn't like we weren't looking for a big man who could.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You apparently didn't understand what was written, either, because the question you got out of it was never asked (or stated) here, either. LOL. I was just being lazy and inaccurate.

What you're referring to two posts:

Here where he only says that Ed's best days were at GTech, not here. He doesn't compare the two players' freshman seasons.

And this guy who thinks TO's 1.5 ppg season is better than Ed Nelson "ever was," that is: his whole career.

This is of course ridiculous since Nelson had two seasons at GT averaging over 8 points and 6 rebounds per game.

I think TO can reach those averages eventually, but he certainly didn't do it last season. And it wasn't like we weren't looking for a big man who could.
I understood the argument was over several posts. And yes there was no question asked. I was taking your side but muddying things trying to clarify them. I new you would be able to step up to your own plate and handle things. I was being redundant.

Reaction Score
CTGoonie said:

I was only referring to EN's playing days at Uconn. I did not see much of him at GT.

Reaction Score
I think the point is that he was not a freshman his first year at UCONN so it is not a valid comparison. They are both big white boys- I think we can agree on that.

Reaction Score
I think the point is that he was not a freshman his first year at UCONN so it is not a valid comparison. They are both big white boys- I think we can agree on that.
That I do agree on. Although TO's hair is much nicer than EN's.

Reaction Score
Tyler did start for the national champs. However if both where vying for the position Ed seemed more advanced. Hopefully Tyler can be a brute like Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom