Tyler Dorsey to Arizona | The Boneyard

Tyler Dorsey to Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh wow. Great get for them. Glad it's not Duke, too.

Reaction Score
Well that sucks. Who are the realistic options for PG recruits left?

Reaction Score
Wow. Took him right away from UCLA and USC. Thought Enfield would have made a serious play for him even with McLaughlin. Alford barely made any noise too. Agreed he was a long shot but if you are Alford or enfield you have to be really disappointed losing another stud out of your back yard

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Arizona has been exceptionally impressive on the recruiting trail the last 2-3 years

Reaction Score
Can't say I'm not jealous over there recruiting success. They are getting all these top 30 guys and the big guy Kaleb T. Comes out of area. Never got a sniff out of the kid. I know we had a cloud over us , so yeh! I get it. Hamilton is great but man to we need a bluechip big guy and more than one. Can we achieve this in AAC is a big guestion and I have my doubts. But do believe it's doable and was ever so hopeful this last recruiting period but it did not happen though I truly hope the Rock can help. We are Uconn, Ollie is solid, new practice facilities have to help.

Reaction Score
Never thought we were getting him and I think he's a bit overrated so don't care, Arizona is killing it in recruiting though.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not sure he's #1 overall in his class but he is the best guard I've seen. IMO if he is overrated it's just slightly.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure he's #1 overall in his class but he is the best guard I've seen. IMO if he is overrated it's just slightly.
I don't know the other guards in the class so can't compare. I've seen Dorsey play twice and just wasn't blown away by him. Maybe it was just a couple of poor games from him, he is a combo guard with a good handle but I just don't see him being a fulltime point guard. He missed most of his jumpers both times I've seen him but from everything I've heard he's a very good shooter. He is a good but not great athlete. He is definitely a very good player but I didn't walk away from watching him thinking he will be a great player, I like Daniel Hamilton's game a lot more.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't know the other guards in the class so can't compare. I've seen Dorsey play twice and just wasn't blown away by him. Maybe it was just a couple of poor games from him, he is a combo guard with a good handle but I just don't see him being a fulltime point guard. He missed most of his jumpers both times I've seen him but from everything I've heard he's a very good shooter. He is a good but not great athlete. He is definitely a very good player but I didn't walk away from watching him thinking he will be a great player, I like Daniel Hamilton's game a lot more.

I agree with that. Though I think he can transition to being a full time PG in college. NBA is a different animal. He has a very good shot, or from what I've seen. I haven't see every guard, but he's the bet I've seen in his class partially bc of his shot.

Reaction Score
When things narrowed down, it seemed pretty clear he wanted to stay on the west coast. And why not?

Wonder if Vance Jackson is up next for Arizona from that HS, or will Ollie convince him to take a tip East?

Reaction Score

He's John Wall 2.0. And I don't mean that as a bad thing. The rich are getting richer. I wish we could stash Hamilton at E.O. Smith and put him in the dorms for the rest of the year to make sure he shows up.

Reaction Score
He's John Wall 2.0. And I don't mean that as a bad thing. The rich are getting richer. I wish we could stash Hamilton at E.O. Smith and put him in the dorms for the rest of the year to make sure he shows up.
Trust me he's nothing like John Wall. He's a better shooter than Wall but has nowhere near the speed or athleticism of Wall.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Trust me he's nothing like John Wall. He's a better shooter than Wall but has nowhere near the speed or athleticism of Wall.

I don't need to trust you. Scouts who've seen him a lot more than you make that comparison all the time. Or is this the thing where a guy we wanted becomes less desirable when he goes somewhere else?

Reaction Score
I don't need to trust you. Scouts who've seen him a lot more than you make that comparison all the time. Or is this the thing where a guy we wanted becomes less desirable when he goes somewhere else?
Have you ever seen him play? That's nice and all that some scouts are comparing him to John Wall but it's a bad comparison. I"ve seen John Wall play live and his speed jumps out at you, he's one of the fastest if not the single fastest player I've ever seen, while watching Dorsey he has nice quickness and athleticism but it just doesn't jump out at you. Obviously I would have loved to have him because he's a very good player and top 10 recruit, my only point was in my opinion he's a bit overrated. I could care less about losing him because I never thought we would get him in the first place, if we don't get Jalen Adams I will be upset. I believe Adams is who we've been targeting in this class for point guard and I think he's a bit underrated.

Reaction Score
I agree on Adams, i like him a lot as well. I think we need more of a pure point guard in the class and I think Adams fits better than Dorsey in that regard. Justin Simon is also very intriguing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom