2022 Recruiting: - Ty Rodgers Peach Jam | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Ty Rodgers Peach Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has 12 points in the first half out of his teams 26. Taking over the game on both ends to give his team the lead.

Couple dunks, hit 2 FTs. Got a block and took it end to end for 2. Alleyoop. Looking like a star right now even without the 3 point shot. Passing the rock well. Ripped it out of someone's hand like the kid was a middle school player. So strong.

Love how Finkelstein described him: "Relentless"

Reaction Score
Has 12 points in the first half out of his teams 26. Taking over the game on both ends to give his team the lead.

Couple dunks, hit 2 FTs. Got a block and took it end to end for 2. Alleyoop. Looking like a star right now even without the 3 point shot. Passing the rock well. Ripped it out of someone's hand like the kid was a middle school player. So strong.
He's a top 35 talent. Want him badly.

Reaction Score
He's a top 35 talent. Want him badly.

I'm conflicted. I don't want him instead of Karaban, but I also want him to commit. We need Karaban's shooting badly. But you can't discount all Rodgers brings to the game either. He's super versatile.

I'm not sure they're mutually exclusive either. Rodgers looks like a 2/3 to me and Karaban a 3/4. I had thought it was one or the other before Peach Jam, but I'm not sure anymore.

Anglin
Floyd
Rodgers
Karaban
Clingan

Might be the best class we've ever had if it happened. And regardless of who commits, we're getting a bunch of 3-4 year guys with talent. That means we can swing for the fences and try to bring in the top 25 talent in the 2023 class we've been after, and we're not going to be in huge trouble if it doesn't work out like we hope.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm conflicted. I don't want him instead of Karaban, but I also want him to commit. We need Karaban's shooting badly. But you can't discount all Rodgers brings to the game either. He's super versatile.

I'm not sure they're mutually exclusive either. Rodgers looks like a 2/3 to me and Karaban a 3/4. I had thought it was one or the other before Peach Jam, but I'm not sure anymore.

Anglin
Floyd
Rodgers
Karaban
Clingan

Might be the best class we've ever had if it happened.
I think it's a 5 man class and I think we're going to have 4 locked in soon. Luke Murray is all over Rodgers and as much talent as there is nearby with New England and Jersey guys it's time to expand more nationally. A ton of talent in the Midwest and in the Meanstreets program, hoping we breakthrough with Rodgers.

Reaction Score
I think it's a 5 man class and I think we're going to have 4 locked in soon. Luke Murray is all over Rodgers and as much talent as there is nearby with New England and Jersey guys it's time to expand more nationally. A ton of talent in the Midwest and in the Meanstreets program, hoping we breakthrough with Rodgers.

Good point. Locking him down would be a signal we're back on the national map. Luke really came in for us at the perfect time.

Reaction Score
Dangerous foul by the Meanstreets guard. Should be a T.

His closeouts are textbook. Gets right into the body without fouling. Amazing.

I count 14/11/4. Maybe 4 steals and a block

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He really seems like DH’s prototype with his defense and athleticism. Have to imagine Hurley is absolutely drooling over him.

Reaction Score
2022 SF Ty Rodgers’ versatility shines in a win over E1T1

Four-star SF Ty Rodgers had an impressive outing today, helping lead his team to a big quarterfinals win over E1T1.

The 6-foot-6, 195-pound wing showcased his versatility, toughness and feel for the game at a high level.

He was defending, rebounding, finishing at the rim and making plays in transition but what stood out the most was his passing.

Rodgers impact the game in virtually every way and if he can develop a more consistent jumper it will only take his game to another level.

Rodgers finished with 10 points, eight-rebounds and three assists.

Recruitment: Rodgers took three official visits to Michigan, UConn and Purdue and also took an unofficial to Michigan State.

Reaction Score
This feels like a major class, everyone they are recruiting is producing. Don’t care all that much about rankings, care about how these guys produce and impact games. Well see how things shake out, but they will add talented, productive players to round out this class, that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
If we bring in 5 guys I hope we carry 14 schollys next year

Reaction Score
So elite on defense. But limited offensive player.
He looks like a really good passer to me and knows exactly what his role is offensively- making plays, cutting, and crashing the offensive glass. He just doesn't force any shots. I don't even know if his jumper is bad because he doesn't really take any outside shots.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He looks like a really good passer to me and knows exactly what his role is offensively- making plays, cutting, and crashing the offensive glass. He just doesn't force any shots. I don't even know if his jumper is bad because he doesn't really take any outside shots.
On the one three I saw him take his form definitely didn’t look broken ( obviously very limited sample size) and looked more like someone who needed reps

Reaction Score
So elite on defense. But limited offensive player.

Really not interested in him if he can't shoot. How many AJs can you have in the lineup, your offense will be limited like his. Please get us some shooters in this round.

Reaction Score
Really not interested in him if he can't shoot. How many AJs can you have in the lineup, your offense will be limited like his. Please get us some shooters in this round.
Baylor just won a championship with a 6’5 PF who can’t shoot a lick. There is definitely place for a guy who plays D like him. It’s all about overall roster construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom