Ty Olander | The Boneyard

Ty Olander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it's only been two exhibition and two regular season games, but right now he looks like the most improved player from the end of last season to this one. Jeremy and Shabazz have also improved a lot, but they're not coming from as low a starting point as Olander regarding their skill set and value to the team.

Thus far, the offense has run better with Olander in the game. If he can be a little more aggressive trying to finish close to the basket and a little more physical overall, he'll be a well-rounded front court player.

Reaction Score
I know it's only been two exhibition games, but right now he looks like the most improved player from the end of last season to this one. Jeremy and Shabazz have also improved a lot, but they're not coming from as low a starting point as Olander regarding their skill set and value to the team.

Thus far, the offense has run better with Olander in the game. If he can be a little more aggressive trying to finish close to the basket and a little more physical overall, he'll be a well-rounded front court player.
Everything you just said is true that's why the 33 minutes last night (that probably will have to change for UConn to be at its best). More importantly he is an unselfish team first guy. Tyler Olander represents what it takes to be successful in basketball and life and that is very hard work (similar to the SNY interview last night with JC). I also think the legacy of Kemba lives on for some as they saw the transformation in KW's game from Sophomore to Junior year. That type of work ethic and success is contagious. Olander doesn't need anyone else to motivate him though. JMHO

Reaction Score
Impressive thus far and we know he can shoot it too. PLays real hard and goes after the rebounds. Still a step slow but a little stronger to make up for it - time may come down vs. quicker longer athletes who can put it on the floor but not by much. Good for Tyler.

Reaction Score
Last year he was one of the biggest energy guys and cheerleader from the bench (in a good way) that we've ever had. He's been working out, getting better and it's showing; his basketball skills are rising to the same level as the energy he puts on the court every day. Love it.

Reaction Score
I didnt get to see much of the game but his steal, drive and finish was pretty impressive for a big dude. This team is going to be alright. Daniels and Drummond played well and will only get better, getting Boatright back will be a huge boost too. This team will go far, its early.

Reaction Score
We are fortunate to have Tyler. I too was impressed. I hope his effort is contagious because he plays at one speed. He wants to win and I love that about him!

Oh yeah he is passing very well.

Reaction Score
Olander's effort will also be a signal to other players to pick up their intensity if they want to see the floor.
Players simply need to be more active. A little too much standing around on D.

Reaction Score
The fanbase is in for a great ride if TO maintains his performance and is the 3rd big but on the other hand, the season won't come close to fulfilling its promise if he is the dominant big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom