Twitter Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Twitter Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Agreed, however, I will be concerned about Clingan and Samson getting into foul trouble guarding him.
One player is not beating us - let him get his- shut down everyone else. If he gets 20 and we pay this kind of D? We win!
DOOMED!

Reaction Score
Great effort today. Huskies are at their best running and sharing good to see. Clingan changes the game in the middle on D so much. 2 blocks? Thought he had more than that but no matter made people either miss badly or not shoot it at all very often.

Castle getting more comfortable every game and was really good today until garbage time. Tristen was very good today, his defense has been noticeably better the last couple games.

Why do we need to talk about Purdue and how we’re going to kick their butts? Mojo killers on top of the fact there’s little chance we face each other. I mean it’s Purdue what’s makes you think they get to the sweet 16?;)

Reaction Score
Why do we need to talk about Purdue and how we’re going to kick their butts? Mojo killers on top of the fact there’s little chance we face each other. I mean it’s Purdue what’s makes you think they get to the sweet 16?;)
I agree. The only way UConn would play Purdue is in the Final Four. Why worry about that now? Just keep quiet, fill out those index cards with notes like JC, and pull them out if and when you need them.

Reaction Score
Always cracked me up that they also have a song called Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is? They liked answering their own questions.
I don't know... they have "question 67 and 68" that have yet to be answered

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My wife came in late and said what a boring game this must be. I asked her if she was crazy. How can you be bored watching this rout? We put it all together today. Can't wait to see how this story progresses!
My wife didn’t watch game live so we watched the replay. I didn’t argue. She wants me to save the game to watch again later. Part of the reason still together after fifty years.

Reaction Score
They showed Ben sitting with Emeka. He’s got a little grey in his beard. Happy he was there. On another note they showed JC with I think Ted Taigen. I was invited to UConn to do a career day back in the early 2000s. Ted gave me a tour of Gampel great guy!
Ok I saw him on the half-time celebration that was shared online.

Reaction Score
1) We missed a couple a bunnies
2) Spencer too slow on defense
3) SJ didn't score enough and fouled too much
4) Free throws need to improve
5) Danny didn't get the pups in early enough
6) Steph and DC need to dominate more or they aren't ready for the NBA
7) We should have been up by more in the first half
etc

Awful.....just awful

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
LOL I get the sarcasm, but it happened because we hardly missed any shots.

Our OReb % was actually higher than Xavier's. True story.
I considered that possibility, and I appreciate that somebody (you) made the effort to explore further and share it. Thanks!

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Wow. That had to be the best first half of play since Hurley took over, second half was damn fine too but I honestly thought Xavier might end up with single digits going into the break.

Biggest margin of victory in the BE since 2006! Even DePaul doesn't get blown out this badly, I mean if you had said bet on either UConn losing this game or winning by 40 I would have sadly taken the loss (I was figuring like a solid 6-12pt win) because FORTY on Xavier?! Wow. Just a high intensity bombing run on them all night long, all but two of our centers took a 3pt shot and only 1 player didn't get a bucket from the attempts. And Cam and Alex barely contributed to the (direct) scoring, sheesh, just a shellacking for the ages.

Some great oops too, like jump out of my seat at home good.

Guys. Guys...

WE'RE GOOD

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I Love CBB (and UConn of course) but am basically unschooled about the nuts and bolts of offensive play aside from the pick and roll. So a question:
Would it be disruptive of the overall offensive scheme (or just plain dumb) if they started running two or three plays per game designed to get Clingan an open three?
Just plain dumb. He doesn't shot it well enough to justify it, even though his stroke looked pure today.

He does a great job of initiating offense from the top of the key and hitting guys on back cuts. There will be times running that where he can maybe drift a couple of steps higher when he receives the initial pass, and if his guy doesn't follow him out, then maybe he takes the shot.

But that's really it.

Reaction Score
Through 30 minutes -- i.e., before garbage time -- this is what we posted:

42-point lead
31-48 (64.6%) FG
12-19 (63.2%) 3FG
23 assists to 8 turnovers
32-20 rebounding advantage
11 combined steals & blocks
12 turnovers forced
14-47 (29.8%) FG allowed
12 personal fouls committed

Xavier's a decent team -- 34th in Kempom.

I've been watching UConn basketball for 40 years. This is as dominant a 30 minutes as I can remember us ever having. Ever.
Only thing i can really think of was last years Gonzaga game and the Louisville game in 09`. Those were absolute beat downs.

Reaction Score
Only thing i can really think of was last years Gonzaga game and the Louisville game in 09`. Those were absolute beat downs.
The Gonzaga game was the best because a trip to the Final Four was on the line. But as regular season games go, I loved the beat down they gave Louisville in 2009. Their D strangled the life out of that Louisville offense.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I Love CBB (and UConn of course) but am basically unschooled about the nuts and bolts of offensive play aside from the pick and roll. So a question:
Would it be disruptive of the overall offensive scheme (or just plain dumb) if they started running two or three plays per game designed to get Clingan an open three? I’m asking, not only because he looks like he can knock them down, but, if he started hitting them with some consistency it would boost his draft value significantly. Just wondering…
He can get that shot whenever he wants off his high ball screen; not sure he's green lit unless we're up 30+.

Reaction Score
I was surprised that we only won that Louisville game by 17. It felt like a lot more.

What made it remarkable was the degree of difficulty -- on the road against a top 5 team who would go on to be the #1 overall seed.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

OMG, the Donavan 3 comments :D:D:D

Pretty funny.

I just finished the Dream Season podcast, followed by today watching the '04 reunion stuff then the Hurley presser, then the Solo, DC and Steph comments, and I've never been more proud of this program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom